is this love?

catra

hello! sorry about all these love themed posts lately, i’ve had a lot on my mind. 

so, i’ve heard what other people define as love, but i’m still confused about whether my own experience can be considered love. so, i’ll tell y’all what i’ve felt, and please take a stab at the question in the title! :) 

so, there was this girl i liked, a lot. i wanted to spend a lot of time with her, i enjoyed holding hands, and i thought she was very pretty. she was always so nice and i wanted to make her happy. but, it’s not like i thought about her all the time or anything. i enjoyed hanging out with her, but i could easily spend time with anyone else, too. she was my favorite person, but my thoughts weren’t centered around her. i liked thinking about her (and i liked her in general), but she was like all my friends in my mind, only a little bit closer. our relationship didn’t really feel that much different from a friendship, honestly. also, she always seemed to like me a lot more than i liked her. she would flirt a lot and tell me how she’d sit up at night thinking about me, and i just couldn’t relate in the same way. she displayed so much affection and had these big gestures of romance (which i very much appreciated), but it felt a little forced for me to try and do similar things. (note: this didn’t happen over a long time. we were together 2-3 months, i just never felt as strongly as expected). overall, i really liked her, but i just wasnt nearly as infatuated with her as she was with me.

she was the person i’ve had the most feelings for, so if that’s not love, i haven’t experienced it yet. lmk what you think. thanks! 

I think its love. Love can be defined in different ways. It’s seems like you truly cared for that person. Love is a continuum spectrum  🖤

HonoraryJedi

Ah yes, the eternal question. I am probably the worst person to answer this, I sought help from this forum over a similar thing once. I had just started to consider if I might be aromantic when I started having the extra feelings for one of my friends. Wondered if I was gonna have to admit to being in love with him, or if I only considered it was romantic because of heteronormativeity. We were together for a little over a month before I realized how uncomfortable I was and broke it off. So that is my experience, entirely anecdotal.

I have concluded that it was not romantic love I felt, just from how badly I reacted to being in a romantic relationship. But I am of the opinion that 'love' is still a correct way to describe my feelings for my friends. Even if I don't want to date any of them.

Archived