Has anyone had any strange dreams recently?

Ace Christian

Ace Christian

Last night I had a really strange dream. There was a city that was partially on the side of a hill, and right beside the road going up the hill was a series of blocks. These blocks were guarded by these weird black creatures that were really easy to kill. You basically just had to punch them. However, once you spent a certain amount of time on these blocks, a much larger black creature with long arms would emerge, and it would always kill you. No one could kill it. Despite this creature, tons of people wanted to reach the end of the blocks for whatever reason. Finally, the large creature decided to go on a rampage, but only on the hill. As my house was on the hill, I had to drive right by where all this was happening. I took shelter in a restaurant that was carved into the base of the hill, and what do I get when I stay for an hour or so? They put me to work even though there are people that have been there far longer than I have. So I have to wash dishes as this creature is annihilating the upper town! And the weirdest part? Nobody at all showed any kind of emotion at all about all this really weird stuff happening! I woke up at that point because of my alarm, but it was definitely a strange one. 

Does anyone else have any dreams that aren't necessarily scary, but are just out there?

Me, I need to remember to use a Dream Journal.

Captain_Tass

Recently I had one where I met Theodore Roosevelt in a posh restaurant, asked him if he knew that Eleanor was gay and got up and walked away before he had a chance to answer. Go figure.

I've got loads more, if anybody wants to read them, just ask me about them (or PM me)

QuantumEcho

my dreams are always weird. Visiting other dimensions etc love it a lot. controlling dreams is so fun. 

Notsurewhattoputhere

I had a pretty wierd dream a little while ago where I was being chased by Dave Matthews. He didnt say or do anything, just walked toward you slowly and something bad would happen if he caught you. It was totally terrifying and the plot worked like a horror/thriller movie. 

He caught up to me, I screamed and woke up in a cold sweat. Then thought... wait, Dave Matthews? So I wrote down the dream and turned it into a short story in 3rd person instead of 1st, and I think its pretty funny if I do say so myself. I still want to do something with it, my brother said I should send it to the band management but idk if they would read it

The wierdest part about the whole dream was that I dont listen to Dave Matthews, or know anyone who does, and hadnt heard anyone mention his name is years probably. I didnt even know what he looked like, just somehow knew it was him in the dream.

Dreams are wierd.

4 hours ago, Ace Christian said:

Last night I had a really strange dream. There was a city that was partially on the side of a hill, and right beside the road going up the hill was a series of blocks. These blocks were guarded by these weird black creatures that were really easy to kill. You basically just had to punch them. However, once you spent a certain amount of time on these blocks, a much larger black creature with long arms would emerge, and it would always kill you. No one could kill it. Despite this creature, tons of people wanted to reach the end of the blocks for whatever reason. Finally, the large creature decided to go on a rampage, but only on the hill. As my house was on the hill, I had to drive right by where all this was happening. I took shelter in a restaurant that was carved into the base of the hill, and what do I get when I stay for an hour or so? They put me to work even though there are people that have been there far longer than I have. So I have to wash dishes as this creature is annihilating the upper town! And the weirdest part? Nobody at all showed any kind of emotion at all about all this really weird stuff happening! I woke up at that point because of my alarm, but it was definitely a strange one. 

Does anyone else have any dreams that aren't necessarily scary, but are just out there?

Sounds like something out of a Persona game or something with shadows and all that 😯.

I used to have a lot of bad dreams but recently everything has been pretty calm. I’ve had swarms of giant killer insects attack me, had multiple fights to the death with people trying to hunt me down, and more. I’m honestly glad I haven’t been dreaming recently cause my dreams often become really warped and disturbing ☹️.

Ace Christian
2 hours ago, Notsurewhattoputhere said:

I had a pretty wierd dream a little while ago where I was being chased by Dave Matthews. He didnt say or do anything, just walked toward you slowly and something bad would happen if he caught you. It was totally terrifying and the plot worked like a horror/thriller movie. 

He caught up to me, I screamed and woke up in a cold sweat. Then thought... wait, Dave Matthews? So I wrote down the dream and turned it into a short story in 3rd person instead of 1st, and I think its pretty funny if I do say so myself. I still want to do something with it, my brother said I should send it to the band management but idk if they would read it

The wierdest part about the whole dream was that I dont listen to Dave Matthews, or know anyone who does, and hadnt heard anyone mention his name is years probably. I didnt even know what he looked like, just somehow knew it was him in the dream.

Dreams are wierd.

That is definitely strange. Sometimes you have to wonder what's even going through your mind at that point.

There was this other dream that I had where it was extremely windy to the point where the windows got blown out in my house. The wind stopped suddenly, and we went to work putting the screens back in and replacing all of the broken windows. Suddenly, this massive silver plane, a flying wing design, streaked across the sky, crashing and exploding in the distance. Nobody even cared, and we all just got back to work after literally just shrugging off a large disaster.

For whatever reason, nobody ever has any emotions in my dreams except for me, and there are some when even I don't have any.

I had a couple of weird dreams in a row revolving around nuclear war and subsequent hallucinations the day after, then a dream about floating in a white room, and me floating in a bluish/purple ball in space.

My dreams are weird.

I usually sleep while listening to music, but recently I had a dream associated to the song I was listening to, which had never happened before lol

I dreamt with three songs (“Who lives, who dies, who tells your story”-Hamilton, “To break in a glove”-Dear Evan Hansen, “Hurricane”-Hamilton), but the best dream has to be the one with “To break in a glove”.

the song is about a dad explaining how you break in a stiff baseball glove, and in my dream he had a taco stand for some reason, and he was explaining this to everyone he saw... and then everyone started to use his advice for life (there’s a line that’s like “it’s the hard way, but it’s the right way” so maybe that’s what my subconscious was going with)

Probably only I understand this dream, it was weird and you’d have to listen to the song 😂 

Janus the Fox

I get some strange and uncomfortable dreams in times when the mood is high or lower that normal fluctuations.  Can't recall any but often is due to the medication tackling the change in the mood.

Moved from Asexual Musings and Rantings to Off-A. Ben8884 Moderator for Asexual Musings and Rantings. 

I had a hilariously stupid one a few weeks ago.  It was that I had grown this dramatic beard (so far, so good), but it covered my entire face, like fur.

I had weird nightmares when I was little. I had recurring dreams about this invisible man constantly following and attacking me, and noone could stop him because noone could see him.

Few weeks ago I had a dream about my roommate cutting off my bangs while I was sleeping. She then glued them to my eyebrows

The other night I had a dream where me and a fictional character were in a Minecraft server, they suffocated underground so I had to dig out and save them, then a bunch of mobs came and killed me.

Lovely.

Ace Christian
On 4/23/2019 at 9:06 PM, Ardoise said:

I had a hilariously stupid one a few weeks ago.  It was that I had grown this dramatic beard (so far, so good), but it covered my entire face, like fur.

I strangely had one like that a really long time ago, but it was only on half of my face. Needless to say I completely freaked out in that dream and tried to get it off of me as quickly as possible, but I could not.

Many times I also have dreams where I can fly. In most of them, I just jump twice, and on the second jump I take flight. However, some are more specific with what I have to do. In one, I was able to sit on a normal sized drone and direct it with its controller. In another one, I had to hold something like a file or a rasp in my right hand and flap my arms up and down.

I’ve been having weird dreams since I was a child. Around 99% of my dreams are weird.

I had a fantastic dream last night which involved riding a Utahraptor.

1920px-Dromaeosaurs.png

Probably because I was at a lecture on paleontology the night before...

On 4/25/2019 at 6:50 PM, Gloomy said:

I’ve been having weird dreams since I was a child. Around 99% of my dreams are weird.

Same. When reading books about dreams, I always wondered "Why is 90% of this stuff so mundane and straightforward? That doesn't sound like dreams, at all."

I also had a recent dream where someone was criticizing me for dressing "indecently"- saying men shouldn't go out in public with bare arms.

Ace Christian
4 hours ago, Ardoise said:

I had a fantastic dream last night which involved riding a Utahraptor.

1920px-Dromaeosaurs.png

Funnily enough, I got an ad earlier trying to sell me a life-sized velociraptor.

37 minutes ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

Same. When reading books about dreams, I always wondered "Why is 90% of this stuff so mundane and straightforward? That doesn't sound like dreams, at all."

Right? My dreams are always insane, what are these normal things?

SorryNotSorry

Since my psych put me on Lexapro a couple of years ago, I've had some real doozies. Some of them involve being in a college setting, which is weird because I never attended college or had any desire to. Others involve the neighborhood in which I live, except in my dreams it's been so radically modified that it's barely recognizable aside from the location.

I don't think these vivid dreams have any prophetic significance or anything like that. They're just damn good entertainment to me.

8 minutes ago, Woodworker1968 said:

Others involve the neighborhood in which I live, except in my dreams it's been so radically modified that it's barely recognizable aside from the location.

Heh, yeah, I know dreams like that, too. Pretty regular motif.

In my dreams, though, it's not the neighborhood... it's my own flat. Lots of additional doors leading to rooms that aren't there IRL, and often it's not quite clear which rooms still belong to my flat, and which are already part of the neighbors', because there are always doors to at least two sided... there seems to be some kind of silent agreement how much space everyone has, and the "borders" are just defined by either locked doors, or by "no man's rooms" being kept empty.

Oh, and everyone and their brother seems to have the keys to my apartment door in my dreams. Always some kind of folks barging in - neighbors, cleaners, therapists (?)... sometimes for outright parties or job meetings. I hate that (not as much as IRL, in which I'd chuck the whole lot out rather forcefully... but still. Gah.).

Blaiddmelyn

I had a dream that was weird and scary earlier this week.

To put into context, I'm a lawyer. In my dream, I was amending an agreement for one of my clients. Except one clause affected an investment he had with the devil, and I realised if I marked it up, the devil would know it was me and might come kill me. And even if he didn't, it was probably a breach of my professional obligations to help the devil out.

I woke up at 230am and spent the next 20 minutes reminding myself that my client did not actually make investment agreements with the devil.

Ace Christian
1 hour ago, Mysticus Insanus said:

Heh, yeah, I know dreams like that, too. Pretty regular motif.

In my dreams, though, it's not the neighborhood... it's my own flat. Lots of additional doors leading to rooms that aren't there IRL, and often it's not quite clear which rooms still belong to my flat, and which are already part of the neighbors', because there are always doors to at least two sided... there seems to be some kind of silent agreement how much space everyone has, and the "borders" are just defined by either locked doors, or by "no man's rooms" being kept empty.

Oh, and everyone and their brother seems to have the keys to my apartment door in my dreams. Always some kind of folks barging in - neighbors, cleaners, therapists (?)... sometimes for outright parties or job meetings. I hate that (not as much as IRL, in which I'd chuck the whole lot out rather forcefully... but still. Gah.).

Whenever my dreams take place in a house, I always discover this secret upstairs level that is always extremely nice, or none of the doors ever lock and everyone can get into anywhere. It is really frustrating in the dreams where nothing locks because of course everyone wants into wherever I am.

chairdesklamp

Dreams are basically your mind keeping itself busy while you sleep. Perfectly logical dreams are something they do in fiction.

My dreams are like I'm at a lake. My mostly estranged and abusive when I knew her mother apologises to me, turns into Tinkerbell, and flies away, now I'm hunting down a shapeshifting serial killer with my (then) wife, and the killer eats and then turns into these kids at a elementary school, which is held in courtyard of a complex I lived in in Florida, and the teacher is a potted plant sat next to a chalkboard. Mid-chase, now I am stuck in a timeshare with the Bush family and they're all in the way of me getting to the toilet and it could out me somehow, and the last thing I want is to be outed to the Bushes. I wake up having to use the toilet really badly.

I am a registered Democrat, but further left of that actually. Japanese Social Democrat is the closest thing I can think of. 

Anyway, dreams making no sense is pretty normal, actually. 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, Woodworker1968 said:

Since my psych put me on Lexapro a couple of years ago, I've had some real doozies. Some of them involve being in a college setting, which is weird because I never attended college or had any desire to.

Huh, I've been on Lexapro for a few years and have been having dreams about being in school again. I did go to college, but sometimes my dreams involve me having to go back to high school for some reason, which would be weird since I'm pushing 30.

RoseGoesToYale

All of them. 😂 About 75% of my dreams take place in schools where the lights are out and the architecture keeps changing.

Some of my other favorite weirdos include the one where my group was attacked by veiled demons in a house in the forest and woke up on a snow covered hillside in Russia and were taken to go receive citizens awards from Khrushchev; the one where Benedict Cumberbatch was the devil and I was employed by a museum and tasked with protecting the water exhibit (an exhibit of everyday objects made out of liquid water) from him, but he broke in anyway and disappeared after walking into a waterdoor; and the one where I went to a carnival that was a front for "prize brides" and the head of the carnival tried to make me a bride, but I refused, went to the priest in the 24-hour chapel, but God was mad at him and shot a dagger at him from the bowl of holy water, and I tried to escape with my life, but was stopped at the gate by this crazy woman.

Ace Christian

I almost forgot to post this, but I think this kind of stuff is really cool.

So I had this dream about a month and a half ago where I was fully transitioned and I went to Church with my family wearing the clothing of my true gender. It was the same church we go to every week, but it had amphitheatre-style seating towards the back instead of the rows that it usually has. It was an absolutely wonderful dream and everyone seemed so happy. At the time of this dream, my church was undergoing construction and I had no idea what they were building or changing.

Fast forward to last week, when the construction was finally complete, what did they add? THE EXACT SEATING FROM MY DREAM. I only realised that the seating was the same today when that randomly popped into my mind.

Couple this with another dream where I told my parents I was trans and they were really awesome about it and we went out to dinner.

Could this possibly be a sign that it will all be okay when I do tell my family that I'm trans?

Archived