What does love feel like to you?

catra

hello! recently, i’ve been questioning my romantic identity (UGH i thought i figured this out). i know that not everyone defines love the same way and it’s kind of hard to explain, but i was hoping anyone could try to explain how it feels to them. their definition of love. thank you!

Hotarugarde von Bingen

As an aromantic person, I've only ever really felt platonic love. I sort of define that love as a deep appreciation and connection with a certain person. It's like a force that makes you want to spend time with a person.

I love people in the same sort of way I might love a pet. Someone who I enjoy the presence of and enjoy being with.

Grumpy Alien

Warmth. Safe. Happy. Bubbly. Like you’re overflowing with goodness.

dancingeologist

Someone who I have a close emotional connection with who sees me for who I am and I see them for who they are without any judgement and we can be vunerable and share a life together. I would have a profound sense of loss if they were no longer in my life. I'm 37 and honestly still do not understand the difference between platonic and romantic love, maybe that in of itself means I'm aromatic, but I have certainly had people in my life who I've loved and wanted to share my life with.

nineGardens

Two parts:

A) trust. Absolute trust. The assumption that I should always give this person the benefit of the doubt, that if I am hurting, they will understand and not judge me for it, that they are trying to do good things and I should help them, and if we disagree on something they are competant enough that theres (at least) a 50:50 chance that I am wrong.

"Oh love, could you and I with Fate conspire,

to take ahold of this sorry scheme of things entire,

To sunder it to Bits! and then....

remake it closer to the hearts desire."

B) Not only is there a future where we take on the world together, but that future will be fun. Better than any alternative.

Pain. Not the French kind of pain. Someone following you around stabbing your back all day pain.

Archived