Hello all!

SarahintheCloset

SarahintheCloset

Hi! So I’ve been checking out Aven for a while now but I just made my account. I’m excited to have somewhere accepting to discuss my sexuality, as I’m currently only out to my two sisters!

I’m 16 and honestly, I had never really thought about my orientation until this year. I always just kinda assumed I was straight and just hadn’t met the right guy yet (terribly cliche, I know). This year though, I’ve been thinking about my identity and growing more independent of how I was raised (and I now know I have different religious and political beliefs than my family along with being ace), and one night it just occurred to me that I’d never bothered to confirm my sexuality. I stayed up all night researching different orientations, and was relatively secure in my asexuality by morning, at which point I came out to my two sisters. That’s been about it, really. Still not out to anyone else, and I don’t plan on it anytime soon.  I live in a very conservative, religious household and my dad frequently makes comments about transgender people being psychotic, homosexuality being something to be ‘fixed’, and similar, so I’m not looking forward to how he’ll eventually take asexuality.

A little about myself: I love musicals (some of my favorites including Be more chill, hadestown, mean girls, heathers, dear Evan Hanson), reading, botany, singing, D&D, and shipping (strangely enough).

Anyways, I’m really excited for getting to know everyone and I just wanted to say thank-you for being here and reading this far (took me ages agonizing over how long this is and every little phrase to actually post this... I’m not exactly a social butterfly)!

SarahintheCloset

Thank you both for the kind welcomes! 

Custard Cream

Hello! Cake? 🍰🍰🍰

Skeletonducky

Welcome fellow D&D-er!

NickyTannock

@SarahintheCloset Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

And I'm out to everyone that I know on a personal level, and online.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Dungeons and Dragons Cake,

855e0d2e5aea5b0fd88183af7c7eebee.jpg

Welcome! What about Hamilton? I’m not much into musicals but I loved all of the animated songs that randomly popped up in my YouTube feed :P 

csc_8469.jpg

SarahintheCloset

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and the cake!

On 4/22/2019 at 6:00 PM, Lichley said:

Welcome! What about Hamilton? I’m not much into musicals but I loved all of the animated songs that randomly popped up in my YouTube feed :P 

csc_8469.jpg

I love Hamilton! The animatics are much more plentiful and high-quality then a lot of musical animatics, and so much of the story is incorporated into the songs themselves! Szin does a lot of good Hamilton animatics, have you seen hers?

4 hours ago, SarahintheCloset said:

Thanks to everyone for the welcomes and the cake!

I love Hamilton! The animatics are much more plentiful and high-quality then a lot of musical animatics, and so much of the story is incorporated into the songs themselves! Szin does a lot of good Hamilton animatics, have you seen hers?

Yeah those are the ones :) 

Archived