PLANTS!!!

I am turning into a crazy plant lady.

I bought a 2 starter kits to grow 8 plants starting from seeds.  So I will eventually have blueberries, raspberries, goji berries, blackberries, chamomile, mint, catnip and lemon balm.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE.

I found an abandoned plant that was up for adoption.  "But Tea" you may argue "how did you know you weren't stealing the plant"

The plant had a sign saying that the original owner had to get rid of it because of their dog.  The plant has the bite marks to prove it.

So here I am in a one bedroom apartment with 8 plants I haven't potted yet (I have to wait a while before some of the seeds are ready) and the plant I adopted and I'm STILL not done.

Guess I'm never getting a cat 🤣

But AVEN, how are your plants doing?

Edit: I just realized I posted this on 4/20.  I really do mean plants and not weed.  Unless you're growing weed legally in which case that's cool, how is that going for you?

the-duck-knight

I have gathered over 30 houseplants in the last year alone. Some of them have been dying lately because I've been forgetting to take care of them.

Literally all of them have names because why not 😄

I have the worst brown thumb when it comes to indoor plants. And not a lot of interest in outdoor gardening or "yard work".

Ace of Mind

I am an expert plant murderer extraordinaire and am unable to share a living space with plants for any length of time. 

For some reason I just can't water the darn things. Normal plants didn't last long at all, and then a few years ago I tried a shelf of cacti and they eventually died too so I gave up while there was still vegetation left in the world. 

I recently found out about Resurrection Ferns though, and I'm thinking about getting some. They might finally be the plant for me 🤣

i just got my first flower today! idk how well this is gonna go, but i hope i don’t kill it 😅

i’d love to have as many plants as you do, though! i love flowers soooo much

I haven't started my other plants yet.  The seeds need to be refrigerated for about 90 days (!!!)  I haven't started doing that yet because I want to make sure I get these plants ready at the right time seasonally.  So it might be a while.

Anthracite_Impreza

We grow weeds. We never tried, they just moved in and won't leave >.<

A lot of times when I have plants they either don't get enough sunlight because I rarely open my blinds, or if I put them outside or on a windowsill so they can get sunlight then I keep forgetting about them and they don't get watered enough. 

My mom got me a little bamboo plant yesterday though, I'm hoping I can keep it alive this time...

2 hours ago, Gloomy said:

My mom got me a little bamboo plant yesterday though, I'm hoping I can keep it alive this time...

I have one of those! I got it about a year and a half ago, and I kept it near my window when I was in university. It's a pretty hardy plant - I'm horrible at keeping plants alive (I almost killed a cactus once) and mine is looking a little withered now, but still going pretty strong! I just keep it in a vase of water and refill the vase occasionally whenever the water level gets low. I'm sure you can keep yours alive - good luck!

I love plants. I also have a lot of plants die because I get sucked into other things or (and probably more likely) I find the ones that no one really wants at the store and bring them home. it's like I'm a hospice for plants so they don't die in some store but in an environment where someone loves them and talks to them. I'm a little odd. I'm aware of this

3 hours ago, Gloomy said:

I rarely open my blinds

I thought I was the only one who did that.

My sister likes to open the blinds, but I like to keep them closed. I even put up curtains in some windows that didn't have curtains or blinds, so I could keep them closed. :P 

Archived