Excited to meet other aces!

entelechie

I suppose I've always known I was some degree of asexual and/or aromantic - I used my lack of interest in romance as the reason why I turned down the first person who ever asked me out, when I was in middle school, and thought I was just using it as an excuse then. Now that I'm 25, it looks like I had been more truthful than I would have guessed. After a spate of romantic and sexual experimentation in college, I'm coming to embrace my greysexuality and truly hoping to find companions for whom asexuality isn't a dealbreaker but who still desire personal emotional connection. I learned about queerplatonic relationships recently and the concept instantly clicked. My dream relationship is to have one to three close companions who I can share emotional and non-sexual physical intimacy with. But I'm an explorer at heart, and I would never close off the possibility of sex if it offered a meaningful avenue to get to know someone further. I just haven't felt any physical pleasure from it in the past, but that could also be due to a lack of emotional intimacy with my partners. All these words - greysexual, demisexual, sapiosexual - to some degree resonate with me, but I need to make more relationships now as an adult now that I'm clearer about my values, in order to find which one(s) work best for me. 

So thank you all for existing and being here! I'm going to try to be active, because I really want to meet people on here who I have an intellectual connection or emotional spark with. How do you recommend I go about this? I'm not that used to participating in forums because I usually seek out individual people on sites (subreddits, penpal sites, etc.) who are explicitly looking to meet new people and message them directly. I'm not really sure how to contact people out of the blue on a forum, for example. 

Excited to get to know you all! And feel free to message me, of course 😁 I hope to hang around here for a long time.

Welcome! Well if you’re looking for partners there are sites like Acebook that act as asexual dating websites. If you’re looking for the emotional connection then maybe try a meetup at AVEN’s Meetup Mart :) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

NickyTannock

@entelechie Welcome to AVEN!

This section might be useful since I think the connection you're looking for is more easily created when you meet people in person, https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/12-meetup-mart/

Though in my case, I don't know any other Asexuals in real life.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Books Cake,

wide.jpg

Thanks everyone! 

@Lichley Acebook, that's hilarious! I'm going to be laughing over that every time I visit! Thanks for letting me know about that. 

@MichaelTannock Thanks for the beautiful book cake and for your recommendation, I'll check out the Meetup Mart! 

Archived