New and Excited

SilverstarTBS

SilverstarTBS

Hello! My name is Lili but I prefer to be called Silverstar (or just Silver) online. I'm a cisgender panromantic asexual (she/her pronouns please). I'm closeted in a queerphobic community. I'm slowly coming out though at my Christian school. Currently 11 people (including my unsupportive mother) know about my sexual/romantic orientation. Only four out of the eleven are supportive and accepting.

I'm a very proud asexual, even though I don't feel the need to come out about it. I wouldn't come out at all if I didn't have to pin it on the end of panromantic. I don't feel like my asexuality should be anyone else's business (unless I'm with other aces).

I'm currently searching high and low for an ace ring. I currently have a wooden one with a purplish/black marble embedded in it. I'm looking for a more noticeable ring. Hopefully soon I'll find one!

I'll end this off with a few fun facts about me~

•I own an adorable cat (see my profile pic)

•I'm taking French classes

•I love to shop at thrift stores

•I'm actually quite shy

•I started identifying as asexual almost two years ago

•My favorite books are The Giver, the Silmarillion, and the Hunger Games. My favorite book series is Warrior Cats (as my username implies)

Thank you so much for reading this! I can't wait to get to know the wonderful members of the ace community.

~Silverstar

scarletlatitude
38 minutes ago, SilverstarTBS said:

I'm a very proud asexual, even though I don't feel the need to come out about it. I wouldn't come out at all if I didn't have to pin it on the end of panromantic. I don't feel like my asexuality should be anyone else's business (unless I'm with other aces).

I feel the same way about being ace. No one needs to know your orientations unless you want them to know. ❤️ 

I found my ace ring on Amazon, but then again it is a pretty standard spinner ring. 

Welcome Silver!

I've recently been doing a bunch of ring buying - I've a couple between absolute solid black/patterned/sparkly, but as someone who's not very used to wearing rings I may go with ordering some of the squidgy silicon/elastic ones online as they seem to be more comfy to wear. xD

Here's some welcome cake: 🍰

Custard Cream

Impressed you class the Silmarillion among your favourite books - I've got an honours degree in English Lit and I have never managed to plough my way through it! I love thrift stores too, especially for books and china/glassware.  Welcome, and have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰

SilverstarTBS
37 minutes ago, Tigerfeet said:

I may go with ordering some of the squidgy silicon/elastic ones online as they seem to be more comfy to wear. xD

Here's some welcome cake: 🍰

I might get a ring like that, I love comfy rings! 

Thank you for the cake 😊

34 minutes ago, CustardCream said:

Impressed you class the Silmarillion among your favourite books - I've got an honours degree in English Lit and I have never managed to plough my way through it! I love thrift stores too, especially for books and china/glassware.  Welcome, and have some cake! 🍰🍰🍰

Wow! I loved reading about all the history behind Middle Earth. It was hard to read, but I found it quite interesting and exciting. All the appendices at the end were fascinating!

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I'm out as Asexual to everyone I know on a personal level, including online.

And I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Guitar Cake,

mbxe9g6yszdj4v559xpi.jpg

Welcome!

Well for rings it depends on what you’re looking for in one. If you want something fancy with added details sites like amazon or special ace-mercy websites like http://merchandace.com/ are the place for you.

If you just want a basic black ring you can buy the cheap plastic-y ones online quite easily, or you can be a cheapskate like me and by O-rings for a car and see if they fit you finger :P 

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

Welcome Silverstar! 🍰 I loved the warrior cat series years ago :)

It's good to see another fan. 

Archived