In 3 different closets

Eeeeerin

Hello fellow aces! I'm Erin (not birth name), and I came out to my friends only last year as asexual. They were pretty accepting of me, since we're a very diverse group, but I still haven't found the courage to tell them I'm nonbinary yet. Until recently I wasn't worried about coming out to my family, but a sibling of mine (nonbinary, bisexual) has started saying things about the ace community that makes me nervous about saying anything. I also brought up that I'm probably not interested in anybody to my father, but he just saw it as a joke and/or lie and said (WARNING: CLICHE AHEAD) that I'm just not old enough and I'll find somebody. Because of this, my friends say that I'm "locked in the closet." This is more true than I'd like, especially since if I came out as nonbinary my family would probably just say I'm copying my sibling.

Anyway, I just found this website and I'm so relieved that there are thousands of other people that have probably been through something similar. I hope that I'll eventually come out the rest of the way to everybody, as right now I'm an asexual/panromantic male, a bisexual male, and a heterosexual male depending on who you ask.

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome. Have some cake.🍰🍰🍰

scarletlatitude

Fellow non-binary gender here! Welcome to AVEN! :)❤️ 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

If you decide to come out as Asexual to your family, you could try showing them this, http://www.whatisasexuality.com/family-and-friends/parents/

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Books Cake,

wide.jpg

Welcome! As a fellow closetee I welcome you with lots of cake. You’re valid and you matter :) 

Purple-Ombre-Layer-Cake-4.jpg

Archived