Am I alone?

Lovingforboth

Lovingforboth

Any heteroromantic sensual asexual out there? How is life treating you? Does it get any easier?

Hello! So, I'm Heteroromantic and well... Being a Heteroromantic helps me be friends with girls easily (since I'm not perverted and i am very friendly), however, many peoples try to change me, and this makes my life very sad sometimes... but well, I love being heteroromantic and proud to be a part of this amazing community :D

Lovingforboth
19 minutes ago, RebirthArt said:

Hello! So, I'm Heteroromantic and well... Being a Heteroromantic helps me be friends with girls easily (since I'm not perverted and i am very friendly), however, many peoples try to change me, and this makes my life very sad sometimes... but well, I love being heteroromantic and proud to be a part of this amazing community :D

Olá :)

Obrigada pela sua resposta! 

I'm here scavenging for hope 😁 My social skills are almost nonexistent but they get worst when I try to make a connection with someone. From my experience, being asexual is hard on any type of relationship. It almost seems that people only get close to you with some kind of secondary intentions and if you're not the "norm" then you're not worth their time.

I'm new here, it's nice to have someone to talk to. Thank you 😊 

1 minute ago, Lovingforboth said:

Olá :)

Obrigada pela sua resposta! 

I'm here scavenging for hope 😁 My social skills are almost nonexistent but they get worst when I try to make a connection with someone. From my experience, being asexual is hard on any type of relationship. It almost seems that people only get close to you with some kind of secondary intentions and if you're not the "norm" then you're not worth their time.

I'm new here, it's nice to have someone to talk to. Thank you 😊 

You are welcome! I understand you... I am very shy even with people i have a strong relation... I think it comes from my childhood... But the life continues and we cant stop, aalso you can talk with me always you want, i am here to help everyone who i can and make friends! :D 

*Raises hand* There are very few girls I particularly like the look of though. I don't really know how I'd get along with them in general these days though; since most of my abrasiveness wore off and I got to know myself better there hasn't really been anyone to try my skills with on a regular basis. I have one friend who's a girl, but a "strange duck" by her own admission and very forgetful, so I haven't heard from her in months, or even met her in person. However, I've met and spoken with her dad quite a few times, really nice and down-to-earth fellow.

1 hour ago, RebirthArt said:

...however, many peoples try to change me, and this makes my life very sad sometimes...

34 minutes ago, Lovingforboth said:

It almost seems that people only get close to you with some kind of secondary intentions and if you're not the "norm" then you're not worth their time.

Dang... I get the feeling. I guess none of us are alone.

I'm not hetero-romantic, but still.

1 minute ago, S---y said:

Dang... I get the feeling. I guess none of us are alone.

I'm not hetero-romantic, but still.

Many times I thought I was alone ... But here we can find people who understand us and here we know that we are not alone in this "sexual world" :D 

32 minutes ago, RebirthArt said:

Many times I thought I was alone ... But here we can find people who understand us and here we know that we are not alone in this "sexual world" :D 

I didn't notice was alone until I learned there was an alternative.

It's interesting to find people who are different from most. It's like discovering a mirror in which I can see a part of myself that no other mirror had shown me.

RoseGoesToYale

I'm heteroromantic, somewhere within grey-asexuality, and quite sensual. The sensual part is the most frustrating, because I feel like a lot of people who would be cool with all the touching would also want sex as a part of that. I've yet to have a relationship and I also struggle with making friends and connecting to people. You're not alone. :)

Incidentally, welcome to AVEN!

67902358f344afdb4ca442b819a570a4.jpg

Lovingforboth
14 hours ago, RoseGoesToYale said:

..."The sensual part is the most frustrating, because I feel like a lot of people who would be cool with all the touching would also want sex as a part of that" 

I most definitely agree!! For sexual people, when engaging in a relationship, the lack of sex can be seen as a lack of interest while, on the other hand, all the touching or cuddling is often mistaken as foreplay which may end up leading to sex.

As a sensual romantic asexual, myself, I too find this extremely frustrating.

P.S.:Thanks for the cake ;)

Can I just say as an allo dating an ace/aro that his sensual touch is the most amazing thing in the world to me?  Also, it's way different than foreplay.  It's more about human connection and affection in a more.... what's the right word... wholesome way?

Lovingforboth
7 minutes ago, ☆゚°˖* ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ said:

Can I just say as an allo dating an ace/aro that his sensual touch is the most amazing thing in the world to me?  Also, it's way different than foreplay.  It's more about human connection and affection in a more.... what's the right word... wholesome way?

I wasn't lucky to cross paths with someone who knew the difference like you do, so I was generally speaking taking into account my experience. So what I meant was that, quite often the hugging/touching/cuddling was somehow a trigger that lead people to expect and demand more than what i was comfortable to give, like sex for instance.

At last, let me just say, your statement made me fell warm and smiley :)

Oh, I believe you.  I've been with enough people to know how that goes.  😂

Also, yay for warm feels!  💕

Bronztrooper

Heteromantic ace here, and I've started thinking of myself as being demi-sensual.

I haven't had any real issues aside from occasionally feeling very touch-starved and I'm not out to every single person I know, so I don't have to really worry about people making comments about my being ace.  Guess I'm pretty lucky there.  🤷‍♂️

Archived