Hi all!

JamieF1

Hi everyone! I've thought about signing up for quite a while now but have finally decided to take the plunge and get to know all you lovely people.

I'm Jamie, 25 from the UK. My headspace around asexuality seems to veer around quite a lot from being happy and content with it to being pretty miserable at times so I'm hoping this'll help me get a better handle on things and learn as much as I can :)

Hope everything is good with everyone, more than happy to chat with anyone! 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Tiger Cake,

3d-tiger-cake-thumbnail_1080.jpg

9 hours ago, JamieF1 said:

Hi everyone! I've thought about signing up for quite a while now but have finally decided to take the plunge and get to know all you lovely people.

I'm Jamie, 25 from the UK. My headspace around asexuality seems to veer around quite a lot from being happy and content with it to being pretty miserable at times so I'm hoping this'll help me get a better handle on things and learn as much as I can :)

Welcome! AVEN is a great place to work yourself out and make friends. I’m from the other end of the country and happen to like F1. If you have any questions please shout.

13 hours ago, JamieF1 said:

Hi, Jamie!

I can relate a lot to what you've written: there are times when I'm internally at ease with my asexuality, but I still find it difficult to get my head around everything and feel truly content with myself.

I'm a bit older than you - I'm almost 32 - but you're definitely not on your own. After all, the five stages of grief - denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance – aren’t always linear, so what you're experiencing isn't uncommon.

What I've found particularly helpful in recent months is learning to take things each day at a time. Talking about your thoughts anonymously on an online community where you feel safe will also help, so it's great to see you here.

Oh, and while I don’t follow F1, I watched it every now and again when I was younger, namely around the end of Mika Häkkinen’s tenure. I’m sure that you’ll find other F1 fans in the Off-A section!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, and for the great advice along with the amazing cake :) I'm really looking forward to being part of this community and getting to know everyone! 

Also the F1 part of my username isn't actually related to Formula 1, should really make that clearer haha! But I'm definitely still happy to chat about it regardless, along with anything else that comes up.

Archived