Good morning/afternoon/evening!

Meylnaerdbier

Meylnaerdbier

Greetings fellow humans, I'm Meylnaerdbier, Leo, or honestly whatever you want to call me.

I'm 16 and in 11th grade in high school, so I'm starting to look at college. I hope to get to know some of you guys so we can share our experiences!

I figured out that I'm asexual in early January of this year. It felt somewhat liberating to finally find what I am. I assumed I was straight for most of my life until I realized that I don't really look at dudes or girls differently, so I guessed that meant that I was bi. But as I talked to one of my friends who had found out she was asexual a few months before me I realized that I resonated with a lot of what she was saying. After doing some research, I finally felt like I'd found where I fit with asexuality. It made so much sense. I'm really glad I was able to figure it out!
Since then I've come out to few of my friends and one of my two brothers. I feel really happy that they've been accepting of my sexual identity. I have yet to come out to my parents but I'm not sure whether or not they'd trust me or fully get it. I've decided that I'm going to try coming out once I'm 18. 

Thank you for taking your time  to read through this! I hope you have a lovely day. :cake: (this cake is for you)

Welcome! You have a lovely day too :D 

chocolate-meringue-layer-cake-124699-1.j

NickyTannock

@Meylnaerdbier Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Your parents might find this helpful when you eventually come out to them, http://www.whatisasexuality.com/family-and-friends/parents/

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Microbiology Cake,

883383fa4e43cb78a946600e4f77f2c1.jpg

Archived