Anger

Abîme

I have to admit that I occasionally seek something that could make me angry, as it is purging to the soul. I dislike arguing though. Could I have a list of mean things you know people have said about asexuality? 

NickyTannock

Well, one time someone assumed that I'm an Incel (short for Involuntary Celibate, meaning someone who wants to have sex but can't find someone to have it with).

I tried to explain that the reason I've never had sex is that I've never had the desire to have it with anyone, and their reply was the question: "But what does your heart desire?"

48 minutes ago, MichaelTannock said:

"But what does your heart desire?"

“For you to go find someone else to bother.”

1 hour ago, Abîme said:

I have to admit that I occasionally seek something that could make me angry, as it is purging to the soul. I dislike arguing though. Could I have a list of mean things you know people have said about asexuality? 

No, but you can have my noisy neighbours, they are driving me up the wall. I'd gladly swap my anger for your peace of mind.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog CBC. :(

I’m going to hone in on the dog because the rest is (hopefully) transient.  I’m sorry!!  I hope it works out better than it sounds like it might.  *hugs*

Meylnaerdbier

When I first figured out I was ace, I joined a group chat that an irl friend invited me to. Somehow the conversation got to the topic of relationships and I mentioned I was ace. And then someone in the chat took it upon themselves to say literally all of the stereotypical responses. "Oh it's just because you're a virgin." "You just haven't met the right person yet." "Sometimes, asexuals are people that have not been f**ked correctly. Or are afraid/too ashamed of sex, cause culture or bad experiences." "I think 95% of asexuals aren't asexual but just too afraid to mention they like sex."

A bunch of people then went on to mock asexuality by coming up with their own sexualities like "italiansexual" and "españolengineeerosexual". 

Needless to say, I left the chat. :)

14 minutes ago, CBC said:

The GI system stuff isn't transient, but ohhhh well

Intermittent, then?

No one wants their s**tshow to be an actual s**tshow... or s**tless show, for that matter.

Anthracite_Impreza
2 minutes ago, Skycaptain said:

Thanks Sky, you made me spurt water everywhere.

I've been muddy plenty of times. My knees still pop when I move.

19 hours ago, Abîme said:

Sorry, we derailed your thread yesterday but I didn't forget about your post. I'm ..... well, I'm no stranger to  anger issues. I find myself looking at this through the eyes of age and experience now and seeing the very familiar. What I know about myself is that when I start lashing out it's because somewhere in my life is a personal issue that is not being resolved or dealt with. These feelings don't just randomly come about. Temet nosce.

Exclusionists, (insert any lgbtq+ orientation here)phobes, xenophobia, toxic behavior, aggression, manipulative assholes...

That's a pretty general list for me.  But asexuality specifically, I would say dealing with exclusionists in the LGBTQ+ community.  They make me really angry.

Archived