Are you born this way?

Out of the saddle

Out of the saddle

I'm so grossed out and put off by my relationships that I cant have sex anymore.

Add to this a history of drug problems and constant maintenance of other mental health issues and it's an ace recipe.

Any other comments?

Anybody here who used to like sex and found the entanglements of a sexual relationship not to be worth the sex "hangover"?

Are you born asexual or can it also be an acquired taste?

letusdeleteouraccounts

Maybe you should get checked up about how the drugs and mental health issues are affecting your sexuality or sex drive? But I only see asexuality as something you’re born with and either stay as or eventually grow out of

Not to invalidate you, because I obviously don't know you and your personal experiences, but past/present drug use and mental health issues can both drastically affect one's libido.  Just something to think about.

No, I wasn't born this way. There's no good explanation for what happened to me other than that. Let's see...

Hormones, libido remained consistent and I grow beard fast. I think hormones can be ruled out. Taken blood tests, nothing shows up.

Medicines - No medicine that was used could cause sexual interest decrease as a side effect. Furthermore, year without them didn't seem to bring it back. Anesthesia did cause me to experience sexuality for a period of time which only supports that I once had sexuality before. I wouldn't know it was if I never felt it before.

Confusion, every time I look back, it further support that my sexuality change. I had the wants to be with some one sexually from time to time. While not always present or frequently, those feelings can be strong. I even enjoyed dreams where sex was present and wanted to be there. So, I believe I was sexual before then.

So, there is no good explanation other than my sexuality has changed and it'll be like that for the rest of my life. Sexuality changes is nothing like acquired taste, it's something that comes out of no where with no explanations other than shit happen.

• Like 1