Hello

bookwormprincesskat

bookwormprincesskat

Hello I’m Kat! I just recently came to accept that I’m asexual. It took a while because I’m married and we are polyamorous. Everything became really confusing really fast. I heard the term asexual in the poly group for the first time. And now about 9 months later I can claim it with happiness. I was always drawn to the emotional aspect of romantic relationships yet my feelings toward sex and most physical contact was meh at best. That is different with my husband. We have an understanding and he’s the only person I trust enough to be intimate with in a sexual way. Looking back at my past I can see so many signs and hints that I was asexual but in a sex obsessed world it is hard to distinguish. Especially when you have no clue there’s an alternative. I no longer feel broken or abnormal. I feel more settled and so much happier. 

NickyTannock

@bookwormprincesskat Welcome to AVEN!

In my case, I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a 

wide.jpg

Custard Cream

Hello! Have some cake...

1h6gFHV.png

Welcome! It’s pretty annoying how sex-obsessed the world is, but we’re working on visibility, and there’s always AVEN :) 

csc_8469.jpg

Archived