What would the partner of your dreams be like?

naakka

Hi there! There's a question to those of you who wish to have a partner :) inspired by another topic I just read ;)

I think my partner had to be ace as well. That would remove a lot of stress from the relationship, as I don't have particularly high libido, and I'm monogamous as well. I'm panromantic, so the gender of my partner doesn't matter. More important would be that we had some shared interests and about the same values in life. And I might want to have kids, but most probably never biological ones. My partner should be cool with that. Cool if they came with some kids ;D

lowLifeLoner

Somebody that makes me feel happy, somebody I trust, somebody that energises me when I'm around them. Probably ace. I'm not fussy lol. Somebody to talk to would be good enough lol.

Somebody on a similar wavelength to me, who is generally open to exploring the world and who tries to see the positive in people. A person open to compromise on frequency of sexual intimacy.

1 hour ago, Road said:

The more I think about it, the more I realize my ideal life partner is a dog.

Oh, animals are perfect in many cases! ❤️

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Someone who is also asexual, either perfectly androgynous or female but not too feminine or masculine, loves cats as well as animals in general, has a great imagination, shares my love for fantasy, doesn't think like an adult, wont judge me, understands me for who I am and how I think, doesn't want children (biologically or otherwise), doesn't smoke or drink, is areligious but not necessarily atheistic, open minded, someone who genuinely loves me and I love equally back, and someone who wants to spend the rest of their life together with me.

WanderingKate

Hm...I'd want this person to be hardworking, emotionally strong, easy to talk to, a good listener, a solid person who has his life together, at least somewhat attractive to me, ace or low libido, and respectful of my need for solitude often. I'm really attracted to people who have been through a lot but have risen above it and remained strong...resilience. That attracts me like nothing else.

Definitely another ace, with very dark hair and fair skin, perhaps with some freckles, and short with very little curve, something of a tomboy. She would have to be into good, clean fun, not take things too seriously and not care about the traditional definition of "success". She would be my best friend as well as a girlfriend. I'm just not attracted to most girls; I guess I'm borderline aro. It's just the way I am and it can't be changed, it's not like I came with an EEPROM chip that can be re-programmed for wider compatibility. Besides, I narrowly missed out on a girl like that a quarter century ago, and if the Lord almighty is going to let me see the girl of my dreams only to let her get snatched away and then expect me to settle, well, nuts to him. Care to point out how my stubbornness is limiting my options? Bring it and see what happens.

Alawyn-Aebt

Probably female. Someone with intelligence and wit. They would need to be able to hold their own in my discussions I enjoy having about nearly all academic topics. Someone I can bounce ideas off of and they can bounce ideas off me. Someone with convictions of their own and not afraid to express those convictions. Preferable someone not too much shorter than I am, as I have a worrying tendency to feel above people, both literally and figuratively, and I would hate feeling that way around someone I love. Not necessarily asexual, but someone who really does not want/need sex much would be nice. Someone to travel with, even if those places are bizarre (e.g. Gaza). Someone who can play board games (one of my favorite hobbies) such as Stratego, Axis & Allies, Diplomacy, Chess, and even some that I have invented (Holy Roman Empire, coming to a game shop by you in hopefully less than 10 years!). Someone who approaches life similarly to me. Someone whose philosophy aligns similarly to mine, and can discuss and critique their own philosophy. Someone who wants to not merely understand the world, but to change it.

An anime guy. Oh how I wish they were real.

chairdesklamp

Above and beyond all else, he'd need to be like me and stand up for others at risk to himself. And be angry about the state of the world right now (creeping fascism isn't just an American problem) He'd need to actively care for those in front of him who are worse off than him. Be against bigotry in all forms. He'd be willing to hide people from unjust raids like the ones targeting Cambodians and Vietnamese right now that the whole city has told me to my face they don't care about because it doesn't affect them or their favourite actress.(Caring is what I just think is decent, but if it weren't so horrifyingly rare, I'd still have a career and the creep of fascism wouldn't be happening, I guess. I don't understand how caring about others is so rare, and furthermore, anyone who resists or seeks safety from oppression of their own caste and then turns around and is a bigot to another worse-off case, to quote Garfield, "deserves to be drug out into the street and shot") 

Beyond that, I really don't care about much, but he'd need to understand I don't live for sex. He'd need to be physically affectionate, though. He'd also need to be old enough to remember what an 8-track player is and enthused by things like me still having one. Act his age and not like he's 20.

Considering what all's around me, the fact he'd need to not be a bigot aside (I'm mixed and trans, and not white cisgay, I'm not accepted anyway, so a bigot wouldn't date me in the first place anymore than I'd date him), he'd also not be obsessed with what celebrity uses what toothpaste... (I live near Hollywood...) 

He'd be all for starting a non-evangelical homeless shelter with anti-discrimination policies, but it'd be fine if he has no more funds than me. 

Saying that, he could be any religion, he would need to be okay with me being Jodo Shinshu Buddhist (basically like Reform for Buddhism. My pastor knows I'm trans and not straight, this has never been a problem). We would celebrate both our religions' holidays. 

He'd need to be literate in at least one language. I was beat by teachers for not being fluent in English my first month in an American school. I don't put up with native monolingual English speakers telling me "my welcome." And the white ones, of course, it seems to be a mostly white problem because that's who can just skate by life and get high-paying jobs and 70 promotions without having to even be literate, are always better employed than I will ever be. I only put up with that if English is not their native. (In which case, well, I had to learn English, too) If Japanese is his native, that's really groovy, but not necessary or even likely for how much Japanese Americans are taught to hate ourselves (highest marry-out rate of ANYONE)

A cat who does not need to use a sh*t pan.  

Bronztrooper

In terms of personality, preferably someone who falls into the gap between a best friend and lover (based on the general media interpretation of the latter, at least).  As for looks, it doesn't really matter much to me, but I do appreciate muscles on women, so that would be a bit of a bonus.

And that's about it for my dream partner, I guess.  Pretty simple.

CrazyCatLover

Just to go completely overboard on labels to start out: I'm aro-ace, but bisensual and andro-to-bi-platonic. So my ideal partner would be an asexual man with a low to absent romantic drive who is a cuddlebug. I'm pretty liberal politically and would prefer that my partner is as well. I'm an atheist who participates in Quaker churches, Unitarian Universalist services, and/or Buddhist shangas (sp?) (which one I join really depends on which group I mesh best with in a given community). I jokingly describe myself as more religious than spiritual. I don't need my partner to be the same way, but I do need someone who understands that it's important to me. I suspect a religious person of almost any faith who isn't out to convert me would mesh well. I'd like to be with someone who is more of a saver than a spender because I can go either way, and I'd rather save. I'm introverted and like having my own space, so it would be nice to find someone who would prefer separate bedrooms. I'd like to be both part of a couple and my own independent person. 

Appearance doesn't really matter. I suppose I'd rather be with someone who doesn't look like my wasband though. Oh, and cats are an important part of my life (as implied by my username). I'd rather live in a large city than a small town, but this isn't super important. 

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

"In order to maintain and attract romantic and spiritual partnerships, you must be what you are seeking."

Custard Cream

got my perfect partner already...  snuggles on the sofa on demand, and a lot of laughs...

Skeletonducky

My only criteria is this: 

Weird as hell.

Custard Cream
10 minutes ago, Skeletonducky said:

My only criteria is this: 

Weird as hell.

well, you are a demon after all!  😂🤣

Galactic Turtle

I don't want a partner but I hope to be involved in a community I align with culturally and morally.

SarahSomeone

Cute (personality and looks-wise), shorter than me and independant. At least that’s what I fantasize about but idk if I’d ever date someone even if they personified my ideals 😅

An ace heteroromantic that's taller than me and doesn't lie is all I'm asking for. 👍

Archived