Hi, I guess

Bookworm1226

Bookworm1226

I've got no idea what to say right now, so here goes nothing...

Hello, my name is Sam, and I spend most of my time reading or writing. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are all amazing. I don't really know when I realized that I'm asexual- physical relationships are just something I never wanted or cared much about. I was always more interested in the emotional relationship-building stuff in books and fanfiction. Eventually, I was doing some research on gender stuff and stumbled across the term, and it seemed to fit me, so here we are. My (a)sexuality isn't really something I talk about with people, and while my family knows I'm asexual, they don't really get it, and I don't think any of them had heard the word asexual used to describe someone's identity before. 

Side note: I'm incredibly introverted with zero social media, so this (embarrassingly) took fifteen minutes to write.

-Sam

Hi and welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

I am also super introverted and don’t do social media, so joining this forum was nerve wracking for me too. Luckily, this is a friendly community 😀 

kumiko_itoe
6 hours ago, Bookworm1226 said:

I've got no idea what to say right now, so here goes nothing...

Hello, my name is Sam, and I spend most of my time reading or writing. I don't have many friends, but the ones I do have are all amazing. I don't really know when I realized that I'm asexual- physical relationships are just something I never wanted or cared much about. I was always more interested in the emotional relationship-building stuff in books and fanfiction. Eventually, I was doing some research on gender stuff and stumbled across the term, and it seemed to fit me, so here we are. My (a)sexuality isn't really something I talk about with people, and while my family knows I'm asexual, they don't really get it, and I don't think any of them had heard the word asexual used to describe someone's identity before. 

Side note: I'm incredibly introverted with zero social media, so this (embarrassingly) took fifteen minutes to write.

-Sam

Welcome aboard! :) The effort to type out and have a conversation with us is very much appreciated. 

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! Cake? 🍰🍰🍰

NickyTannock

@Bookworm1226 Welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Books Cake,

wide.jpg

Welcome! Yeah social media is usually pretty annoying, but it’s nice and relaxed here :) 

pancakecake.png

Welcome! :cake: I'm an introvert too no worries. :) 

Alecto_Pete

Hi! We have the same name.. Sam’s will take over the world one day xD

I’m new to Aven too, what fandoms do you read/write about? Also, the ultimate question... fanfiction.net, archiveofourown, or other? I totally understand the no social media thing, I can barely use instagram and attempted snapchat once before practically throwing my phone in frustration. Anyway, welcome! here’s some (sadly) not quite real cake>🎂 

Bookworm1226
On 4/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, Alecto_Pete said:

Hi! We have the same name.. Sam’s will take over the world one day xD

I’m new to Aven too, what fandoms do you read/write about? Also, the ultimate question... fanfiction.net, archiveofourown, or other? I totally understand the no social media thing, I can barely use instagram and attempted snapchat once before practically throwing my phone in frustration. Anyway, welcome! here’s some (sadly) not quite real cake>🎂 

Mostly Harry Potter, but also Percy Jackson, Carry On, Six of Crows, and Shadowhunters. I use both fanfiction.net and AO3 (mostly AO3, though)

Thank you guys so much for the kind welcomes (and cake!)

• 4 months later...
On 4/19/2019 at 11:30 AM, Bookworm1226 said:

I don't really know when I realized that I'm asexual- physical relationships are just something I never wanted or cared much about. I was always more interested in the emotional relationship-building stuff in books and fanfiction. 

[...]

-Sam

Hi fellow fan and newbie! 

And yes taking forever to write something (how about hours...) you need to catch the emotion and use it when it’s there. Reacting to something is easier then shouting/whispering into the  abyss. ❤️ 

As for emotional relationships, love reading about emotional relationships!!❤️  :) 

On 4/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, Alecto_Pete said:

Also, the ultimate question... fanfiction.net, archiveofourown, or other? 

FF oh the horror!! (XD) So many fics I’m nostalgic about over there. ❤️ AO3 mainly these days over here. :) 

Archived