Star Wars Trailer

Asexual_Goddess

Asexual_Goddess

A place for you to post thoughts or theories about The Rise of Skywalker teaser trailer!

Captain_Tass

Ooh, I've been summoned!

I've gotten 2 hours of sleep and I don't think I fully understand what I'm writing here so I'll just say two words and return to this thread when I'm a bit more well rested.

The Senate.

I saw the trailer and have no f--- ing idea what is going on in it.  And I'm someone who saw the original when it came out in '77 (or is that '78?).  Oh well.

2 minutes ago, thylacine said:

I saw the trailer and have no f--- ing idea what is going on in it.  And I'm someone who saw the original when it came out in '77 (or is that '78?).  Oh well.

ditto to all of that

I think I will just wait and see the movie some day. :) 

I saw it. Since my family (well, me, my brother, and my dad) are all huge Star Wars fans, so we are required to see the movie in theaters this December. -_-

45 minutes ago, Life Of Tass said:

Ooh, I've been summoned!

I've gotten 2 hours of sleep and I don't think I fully understand what I'm writing here so I'll just say two words and return to this thread when I'm a bit more well rested.

The Senate.

But did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? It is not a story the Jedi would tell you.

Asexual_Goddess

Palpatine’s laugh and the Death Star wreck though!!  (I’m pretty sure it’s the wreck of the first Death Star as the surroundings do not resemble the moon of Endor, and more closely resembles the moon of Yavin, the home of the rebel base in A New Hope). Also, I think that Kylo and (possibly) the emperor will not get along as the emperor wants chaos and Kylo wants order.

Asexual_Goddess
20 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

I saw it. Since my family (well, me, my brother, and my dad) are all huge Star Wars fans, so we are required to see the movie in theaters this December. -_-

My family has been first in line for the past three years to all the movies!

19 minutes ago, ConfusedQueer1 said:

My family has been first in line for the past three years to all the movies!

Now that's dedication! :D 

We always send who's ever available to go stand in line as early as possible. Even if they must take the afternoon off of work! 😀

Asexual_Goddess
21 minutes ago, Just Dani said:

Now that's dedication! :D 

We always send who's ever available to go stand in line as early as possible. Even if they must take the afternoon off of work! 😀

Yea, my dad waits for over two hours in line!

Captain_Tass
1 hour ago, Road said:

But did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? It is not a story the Jedi would tell you.

Is it possible to learn this power?

2 hours ago, Life Of Tass said:

Is it possible to learn this power?

Not from a Jedi. 😒

I love the new trailer, tbh. I didn't like TLJ, the prequel to this movie, but I actually think I may enjoy how this trilogy ends.

IDK, I'll have to see what other people think of the actual movie before watching it myself.

I honestly came here cause I wanted to see if it was about the movie or game trailer XD 

the trailer was sorta boring for me so I am not even bothered to think what might or might no happen cause I feel like we just got random stuff without a bit of a idea of what might be happening except fights and well more fights.

I find it pretty funny that we are back to worshipping the past Star Wars movies after The Last Jedi so gleefully tried to 'kill the past.' My only hope is that Mace Windu somehow comes back and kicks Palpatine's ass.

Looks like a lot was filmed in Wadi Rum.

Difficult to tell but I was pretty disappointing in the previous 2.  I mean really - the "mysterious evil figure" turned out to just be some mysterious evil figure, not Luke gone bad or something interesting. 

The trailer is good but the trailer for the new season of The Clone Wars was more exiting to me. At least the trailer got me interested in Episode IX. I like TFA and TLJ as individual movies, but I think they don't fit well to the rest of the Star Wars saga. The trailer left the following impressions and opinions on me:

• No R2 D2: I hope that R2 gets still a little bit of time on screen. It is sad that R2 was so neglected in the sequels. I still fantasize about an old concept by George Lucas, that R2 and C3PO will tell the Skywalker Saga to the Whills in the end, but don't think that this is going to happen.
  • The settings of the planets: All in all, very uninspired in my opinion. A desert (I think it's Jeddha from RO), a forest (Endor because of the death star wreck?) and the blue one. There is nothing wrong with realistic locations but the sequels sometimesfeel like some fan films in that regard. 
  • Palpatine: This is really exciting and I hope it was not already too late to bring him in the last part of the sequels. In retrospective the entire thing with Snoke feels a waste of time now. I think that Rey and Kylo will fight together against Palpatine. Because the Skywalker saga will end, I see only two possible outcomes for Kylo: redemption or death. But if Palpatine returns it will kind of devalue the end of Episode VI and it will devalue the fulfillment of Anakins destiny as the Chosen One. So I hope that Anakin will also return in Episode IX in some way.
  • Rise of the Skywalker: Who is the Skywalker? It might be Luke or Anakin rising from the underworld of the force. It could also be Rey if she was a Skywalker. It is also possible that "Skywalker" becomes a title for Rey without being biologically related to them. I think it is Kylo who rises from the dark side to the light again.

Archived