Open wide for some soccer!

antheap

Did they tell Hull City the wrong kick-off time? :huh:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As goal difference is so similar, if Bournemouth win, Villa and Watford both lose, then Bournemouth are guaranteed to stay up, no matter what the individual scorelines are. Just I can't see them getting anything at Everton 

It's just been announced that the 2020/21 Premier league season will start on September 12th. Unless government legislation changes it will be behind closed doors 

If anyone of you is interested in old grounds and stands, you're well advised to spend £20 on this beauty:

Cemetery+End+cover+-+10cm+wide.jpg

Had it in the mail yesterday and loved it so far.

Today the 1st round of the German Cup was drawn. There are two pots, one with all Level 1 and most of level 2 sides and the other with the rest. (Rest automatically plays their match at home).

Assuming we win our version of the County Cup, we'll play Stuttgart for the 3rd year in a row. What are the odds for that? It's the 5th cup match against them that I remember.

@Homer

Will the games be played with or without spectators?

30 minutes ago, Piotrek said:

Will the games be played with or without spectators?

That's up in the air right now. The German FA and the authorities are trying to figure something out.

I don't believe that there will be spectators.

• Like 1

entire English 2020-21English football season could be played in reduced capacity stadiums

Meanwhile in Poland, politicians greenlighted a law allowing clubs to sell tickets to the amount of 50% of the stadium's capacity.... Good thing matches here are rarely sold-out.

• 2 weeks later...
Real Estate RICO
On 6/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, ManicPixieDreamFreeAgent said:

Bolton Wanderers are officially going to League Two. Surely it can't get any worse.. right?

fuck

Never ever assume that your club hit rock bottom. Homertown FC tend to start digging...

• 1 month later...

@Homer

The first video was taken down due to copyright claim.

Since 3 days from now Lincoln Red Imps from Gibraltar will face off against Rangers, so how about this historic moment from the 2016 LRI-Celtic game:

Spoiler

And, yes, I know that Celtic won 3-0 at home.

1 hour ago, Piotrek said:

And, yes, I know that Celtic won 3-0 at home.

Still embarrassing as heck though. I mean cmon :D

One more try for yesterday's miss

Re: German Cup

We went out, as expected, but there were 7,500 folks allowed to be at the match. Homertown has had no cases of the Rona for a while now.

Man, that stumble just in front of the goalline was unforgettable!

From me, the battle of giants, i.e Gibraltar-San Marino! (but how many teams play their games with planes landing or taking off in the background?)

Spoiler

iFollow have increased their single match passes from 6€ to eight :mad: does money grow on trees nowadays?

While we are at San Marino and England, let's re-live the moment that went down in history:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Okay there's this dude named Mirnes Pepic. Talented player, played for us for a while until recently. His style makes him one of these "love him or hate him" players. Since we failed to gain promotion, he decided that he would attempt to play level 2 himself. Then covid happened and he ended up at a team who were runaway leaders at Giftmas, but eventually lost out.

Yesterday we played his new team and not only did we beat them - Pepic did this:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

:lol:

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Sparta Rotterdam just came back from 0-4 at HT to snatch a draw.

S-P-A-R-T-A ❤️

@Homer

AZ wasted a penalty in that game. I wonder if SPARTA would been able to come back from 0:5?

From me, an even more extreme example of not giving up

The game ended in penalties (not shown here) which FC FCSB won, hence the somewhat misleading 6:7 title.

Man I love amateur football :lol:

Striker breaks through. Marches towards the goal. Keeper sticks to the goal line. A spectator shouts "Damn, why doesn't he move towards the striker?" and another one replies "Because he's so fat!"

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Homertown FC just tore their opponents a couple of new ones... last time this happened, play was suspended in the following week.

Next TV stop: Tranmere v Southend

Edit: The commentator is a legend :D 

AI Camera Ruins Soccer Game For Fans After Mistaking Referee's Bald Head For Ball

With no fans allowed in the stadium due to Covid-19 restrictions, the fans of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC and their opponents Ayr United could only watch via the cameras, and so were treated to mostly a view of the linesman's head instead of any exciting moments of the match that were occurring off-camera, though some fans saw this as a bonus given the usual quality of performance.

:lol: 

Dog invades a pitch and takes a souvenir:

Spoiler

Top comment: Real has started negotiations to sign up the dog :D 

• Like 2
On 10/31/2020 at 12:02 AM, Moonman said:

@Homer What has happened to Schalke? I just read they have now gone 22 Bundesliga games without a victory and yet I thought they looked pretty darn good at the start of last season!

They have got this habit where they spend a crapton of cash on rubbish players and then end up loaning them out or selling them for a fraction. Oh and covid hit them hard, their cash flow has dried up considerably. No crowd, no revenue.

4396aeee.jpg

It may be nice to look at, but it's safe to say that the table of our division is utterly meaningless.

• Like 1

Four cases of the Rona at Homertown FC. Today's home match hath been cancelleth.

Albeit only fleetingly, because we were the first to play our round 8 match, but Southampton were top of the table. First time since 1988

• Like 1

Are you guys going to pull a Leicester?

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 7:50 AM, Homer said:

Are you guys going to pull a Leicester?

Can but dream