Open wide for some soccer!

antheap

If Trump were a Leicester fan, the chant would go "Stop the season! Stop the season!"

• Like 1

Hungary v Iceland, Euro "2020" play-off final

Score after 11 mins: 0-1

Score after 88 mins: 1-1

Score at the final whistle: 2-1

That's what you get for begging for the other team to score for 75 minutes :mad: 

Siimo van der fietspad
On 11/9/2020 at 11:37 AM, Homer said:

If Trump were a Leicester fan, the chant would go "Stop the season! Stop the season!"

Saints media team actually tweeted the table and wrote 'STOP THE COUNT'

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Siimo van der fietspad said:

Saints media team actually tweeted the table and wrote 'STOP THE COUNT'

This is amazing :lol: 

Also, Tranmere Rovers came back from 0-2 and 2-3 to win 4-3, thanks to two stoppage time goals. Fleetwood also won their match at Bristol. That makes for one happy elephant :) 

• Like 1

I mean if you compare the balls matches were played with back then with those they use now, there's a huge difference. Especially when it was rainy. On the other hand, there are many more games being played today...

Solution: Be short or be a goalkeeper :D 

Yeah, I guess more modern synthetic balls may make a difference.

Also, I was looking through the results of the U-21 Euro qualification results and then this caught may attention. I mean, I know that at that point England already had a place in the quaterfinals in their pocket, but still... 

Spoiler

Maybe Andorra are up to something :D 

What happened to the German team today? 😮 They got crushed 6:0...

Ha! I didn't even know that there was a match on tonight.

@Homer

That's the game that was referenced in the video you posted:

And yeah, I agree that League of Nations fulfills an important role, especially for minor teams. The only annoying thing about it is the overcomplicated way it is interlocked with the EURO qualifications.

Yeah, I thought that the idea was to replace friendlies... but now they've scrapped friendlies almost entirely :unsure: I do like the i dea of the Nations League, but I don't think that it should be connected to the Euro qualifications in any way.

(Also, they need to go back to 16 teams for the Euro ASAP.)

• Like 1

The 24-team format is awkward mathematically. The downside of downsizing ( :D ) would be that Poland would probably go back to not being able to qualify.... And, in any case, football tournaments rarely decrese the number of participants.

I just rewatched Fleetwood v Plymouth on iFollow. The commentator was from BBC Devon and it was hilarious to listen to him become increasingly salty as the match went on :lol: Highlights included him calling Fleetwood's goal tune (The Pugwash) "annoying" and asking "Can I go home now?" during the second half.

On 11/22/2020 at 1:53 PM, Moonman said:

There is something odd about being able to qualify for the knockout round of the tournament having not won a game. 

Paraguay says hi :D

Diego Maradona has passed away.

• Like 1

The Story of Diego Maradona

Having experienced the Messi craze, I can't even begin to imagine what must be going on in Naples or Argentina right now.

A minute of silence for Diego Maradona at Fleetwood.

WHY

Here's some seriously retro football footage:

Spoiler

• Like 1
Alaska Native Manitou

In memorial to a cheater:  4o0c9u.jpg

Germany v Iceland. Sigh...

Even sigher: If Iceland actually make it through, I'll have to go to Qatar. I don't want to go to Qatar :unsure:

• Like 1

Even sigherer: Germany v Iceland will be on day one, in March. I don't think I'll be able to go, thanks to Ms. Rona :(

On 10/31/2020 at 12:02 AM, Merryman said:

@Homer What has happened to Schalke? I just read they have now gone 22 Bundesliga games without a victory and yet I thought they looked pretty darn good at the start of last season!

click me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fuck that Leipzig monstrosity in the butt with a rusty fork. I hope they lose 0-45 on aggregate. Then again I always hope that :D

Bayern can win the next 15 titles if that's what it takes to keep Red Bull away. I never thought I'd have to root for them to win anything but here we are :D