Find your Goddess Archetype

PKCooper

I took this quiz a while back and found the results very interesting. It takes a little bit of time to figure out your archetypes but for me it cleared up some things. It help explain why certain types of women get on my nerves. I scored very high on Athena, Persephone and Artemis and in the middle with Hestia. I was in the negative figures for Aphrodite, Demeter and Hera.

http://goddess-power.com/index.htm

It was very similar to what I decided when I read the book "Goddesses in Everywoman" by Jean Bolen.

Pam

I scored pretty high on Artemis, and then Persephone and Hestia a little lower. Athena was a 0, and the rest were in the negatives, with Aphrodite as the lowest. I read the description of Artemis and there was a lot I could relate to. It was really interesting, although I wasn't sure how to answer some of the longer questions (part of it would be really true about me, and the next part would be completely wrong), but I think the results were pretty accurate.

Hmm... my highest was Artemis, but all of my scores were within four points or so of zero, so I'm not sure how much statistical significance there is to that. And I'm with you on the multi-part answers, Apophyllite. I generally just picked a medium-sounding number for those, based on how much of it I could relate to and how much I couldn't.

I don't really relate to any goddesses very strongly anyway. Goddesses take themselves so seriously! None of them are nerdy or spazzy or analytical or oblivious like me. Guess I was cut out to be a mortal after all. :twisted:

I got primarily Athena, which is quite accurate. I thought it was also difficult to answer the questions that we so "me" on the first sentence and then the second sentence was not "me" at all.

Yes, I had the same problem that parts of answers matched and other parts didn't (particularly with Demeter answers which were mostly about how I relate to my children, and which I answered "doesn't fit" because my children don't exist). I also felt some of the archetype descriptions weren't quite how I see these goddesses, which sounds terribly arrogant and I can't give neat examples. (Something about the "vulnerable/virgin" dichotomy, is that a Jungian thing? And where's the crones? Gimme a Hecate question!)

Having said which - Artemis and Athena both high, Persephone fairly so, the others negative, though Aphrodite only slightly :shock: . So I went back through the questions and found some Aphrodite questions were on the Arts, so liking theatre, dance, art galleries and silk scarves skewed it for me. Hmm!

Now I'm going through reference books trying to find funny, nerdy, spazzy, analytical, oblivious goddesses for Hallu, though I'm not sure I know what some of those adjectives mean to you young folks, so yeah, we'll let you be human. :)

deladangerous

Lots of the options give off such a 'quaint little housewifey' kinda vibe. :? Gross. Also, this could be way, way easier if they scored it for us, or if the scoring wasn't so wiggidy-weird.

Anyway, I was mostly Athena and Aphrodite.

Athena punishes any man who spies on her naked body, yet with some compassion.
She can distract a man from his task and direction as a result of her seductive enchantment.

hellz yeah.

Anyway, I was mostly Athena and Aphrodite.
Athena punishes any man who spies on her naked body, yet with some compassion.
She can distract a man from his task and direction as a result of her seductive enchantment.

hellz yeah.

hehe, mine's worse than your's when it comes to punishment:

Artemis severely punishes any man who lays eyes on her naked body - she turned one spying man into a deer and his hunting dogs, no longer recognizing him, tore him apart.

hmm..maybe that's why I can't get a bf :lol:

nobodyknowsmyname

interesting, even if the question and answer format wasn't very user-friendly.

my results:

Artemis, 21

Athena, 16

Persephone, 14

Hestia, 8

Demeter, -6

Aphrodite, -13

Hera, -16

• 2 months later...

Not surprising, Athena was 33 and Artemis 31. The two "armed" Goddesses, ha! And both "virgin"

Goddesses who punish men who see their naked bodies.

Demeter, Aphrodite, and Her were -15, -13, and -21. I am not wifely, do not live for my man, and don't like sex. Go figure.

Persephone and Hestia were 15 and 16. I think I got them in the middle because of my introvert tendencies.

I also did not like the long, mixed answer questions and the homebody, good little wife focus. The quiz assumed that you are married, have children, and was somewhat dismissive of the idea that you might work outside the home. And no option for "I don't like sex period."

Athena = 15

Aphrodite = 15

Persephone = 5

Artemis = 14

Demeter = 3

Hera = -9

Hestia = -2

Ahena and Artemis are suposedly polar oppisites, and Aphrodite is supposed to be way off from both of them...Makes sense about me.

Persephone, 10

Athena, 7

Hestia, -5

Artemis, -6

Aphrodite, -12

Demeter, -20

Hera, -21

I don't really think that this test is particularly accurate. Reading the descriptions, I don't think that I'm anything like Persephone, and yet, she was my highest score. Hestia/Athena/Artemis seem slightly more accurate for higher spots.

I don't think that I very well fit the goddess category!

Clearly, we need an Asexy Goddess. Let's make one. What should be her name?

Good question, and perhaps there are such godesses in ancient texts.

But for an agendered goddess, how about Hermaphrodite? :wink:

well um . . . LOKI! Loki's not technically a male, and not technically a female. Given the number of offspring it has, I doubt it's asexual, but you never know(The firebrand is the force behind chaos). And don't we ALL want to make Thor dress in drag for giggles?

I LOVE IT!!!

I am so erecting an altar to Hermaphrodite somewhere in my house. Patroness of agendered people, gender equality, equal opportunity, human rights, the ungendered human souul, and asexuals.

Her color is LAVENder and her symbol is a really fuzzy triangle with the point down (fuzzy to represent that no clear lines or assumptions can be drawn about her)....

I scored very low on all of them-- my highest were Artemis (1) and Athena (0) and lowest on Aphrodite (-20) and Hera (-23).

I would have been surprised if Artemis hadn't been my #1. :)

Best Stephen Lynch song ever.

Athena is pretty well asexual.

Well, it's no surprise to me that I'm not very goddess-like, but my highest score was Artemis, which fits amazingly well. The others ... not so much.

5 Artemis

2 Persephone

-2 Athena

-11 Hestia

-18 Demeter

-25 Hera

-26 Aphrodite

Well, it's no surprise to me that I'm not very goddess-like, but my highest score was Artemis, which fits amazingly well.

I would have picked "goddess of wisdom", but...

"Artemis is the goddess of the wilderness, the hunt and wild animals"

Well, there you go. I guess that'll do too :)

Wow, my numbers were resoundingly negative.

Athena 0

Aphrodite -2

Persephone 1

Artemis -3

Demeter -16

Hera -18

Hestia -14

Persephone was accurate in some ways, but not others. I wouldn't say this test is any more accurate than, say, a horoscope...it seems sufficiently broad that anyone could take this test and say "Oh sure, that sounds kinda like me."

Geez, Bunny. Figured I would beat out everyone for negatives but guess not :?

Athena = 12

Aphrodite = -25

Artemis = -5

Demeter = -16

Hera = -19

Hestia = 0

Persephone = 4

Relate more with Athena, an extrovert........

Who would have thought?

Archived