Wake up routine

RoseGoesToYale

Wake up routine  

124 members have voted

1. 1. What gets you up in the morning (or evening or whenever)?

• Nothing, I just naturally get up on time
    • Alarm clock
    • Sun coming through the window
    • Noise from the rest of the building/household
    • Someone shaking me awake
    • Wait, I got up today??
    • Other
  2. 2. What's your reaction to waking up?

• Woohoo! Let's get this day started!
    • Meh, ok
    • Food! Where's the food??
    • Noooo! Don't make me get up! It's so cozy and peaceful here.
    • Again, no recollection of waking up...
  3. 3. Brushing teeth: before breakfast or after breakfast?

• Before
    • After
  4. 4. Do you read the news after you get up?

• Yes
    • Sometimes, or only on certain days
    • No
    • I have no idea
  5. 5. Which best describes you?

• Early bird
    • Midday kind of person
    • Night owl

This poll is closed to new votes

I just wake up naturally at five o'clock. After doing a short morning prayer I start my morning gymnastics. At about a quarter to six my wife comes to my room fully dressed and helps me stretching. Around six it is my turn in the bathroom, I am undressed, bathed, my plumbing seen after etc. and afterwards clothed again, so around 6.40 we have our breakfast. Having brushed our teeth we start work - usually check schedules, generally plan the day, recap what I want to do during lessons etc. At half past seven I go to the gymnasium, generally mess around, check some things, tidy up others, warm up in between, greet my students who come in for the first lesson of the day that starts punctually at eight.

On sundays and holidays this remains exactly the same up to the point of "start work", only after that there are no lessons, instead I do some gymnastics (2-3 hours) on my own some time during the day, often split into 2 sessions.

I am an early bird, besides waking up at five I get tired at 8 p.m. and sleep at nine. Almost no exceptions.

CelesteAdAstra

Absolute night owl here. I have a very unhealthy sleeping pattern, which may not even be my own fault. I possibly have something called "Delayed sleep phase disorder", which makes it impossible for me to fall asleep before midnight and consequently makes me very tired in the morning. My biological clock is just a bit off, has been this way for ages, and can't be set differently. So each morning, a lot of effort is required to wake me up - when no one's present to shake me again and again until I finally actually wake up, which takes 30+ minutes, I require a minimum of 4 alarm clocks at different ends of the bedroom. Yes, my body has somehow learned to switch them off while staying asleep 😖

• 2 weeks later...

wake up either based on alarm, or sun coming in.

night owl mostly though friend seems to think I'm better at midday  or morning - but I think that's due to my brain not being full of other junk 

brush teeth after breakfast

news sometimes

• 11 months later...

@RoseGoesToYale

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived