Hello all "demigods"

akesilla

Hi. I've never imagined it would end this way. I am here, as you are. I never thought that "ace" thing could ever exist. "Born that way". It was the huge shock to discover fact that other people treat me like a sexual object of their desire. All of this awful comments about my body, the behaviour of classmates has driven me insane. Now I am dealing with mental disorders and suicidal thoughts. It build me in a savage way. Every time I need to deal with crowds of people for example in the shopping center or even on the sidewalk, I feel anger mixed with fear as they watch me. Recently, after sexist comment during math, I didn't even know how to reply. My classmate made fun of my existence as a human with gender. I hate percieving me only as a "thing". I've never felt sexual attraction and I am glad that you all exist as I do. Because I was alone with this since early childhood

Totally_Neutral

i know how you feel, and hope that you can get through it 😊  you are not alone. don't worry there are many people here for you, and that understand you. i hope that you have a positive experience on aven

ôÿē èîęēú ïė ēôēįîûôø

@akesilla Hello! Welcome to heAVEN, the place with an infinite amount of :cake:! Although I do not agree with how these people treated you, something good can come of these experiences! You could use these experiences as FUEL and MOTIVATION to further the asexual movement! Here's an example: I'm sure there are many aces who don't even realize they are ace and they may even believe such disrespectful things said about them. YOU could find them, tell them about these experiences so they could realize they are NOT BROKEN and NOT ALONE and, while doing so, help them UNLEARN any damaging beliefs about their sexuality.

Godspeed

I see light from your post. Wow, it even encourages me to bring light to other people. I am going to talk with these people who disrespected me first. Maybe I will rise from the dust. It's hard to spot an ace in public, you know. Thank you for motivation 

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome. Cake? 🍰🍰🍰

Welcome! Yeah people suck. Sexual objectification can be afpwful, and sexist comments are just plain rude. It’s 2019 not 1950!

Oh no I started a rant...

I hate sexual objectification with a passion, especially since because I wear baggier clothes people tell me I should “dress up” to get attention. If I wanted their attention I’d go over there and talk to them. 

Don’t even get my started on gender stereotypes. I get told all the time that “chemistry is a boys subject” and “it’s gonna be mostly boys there, are you okay with that sweetieI worry about you darling.”

First of all I’m NB, second of all mind yo’ business, third of all it’s only a ‘boys subject’ because you make it one so maybe if you backed off a little it wouldn’t be. 😤

rich-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cake-85

* face expression supposed to be a slight smile showing defiant urges to destroy thoughts and cruel behaviour of people with minds drowning in sexist soup* 

Sorry i rant too 

Welcome fellow demigod! I'm sure you'll love this place! Many people here think and feel the same as you!

Speaking of the title, who would be your godly parent? I'd like to say mine is athena, but idk. Being on Artemis's Hunt would be cool (from the percy jackson series) 

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I don't notice how other people view me, but I realised that I'm Asexual in my early teens, around 14 when I started hearing sexual comments from my peers and in media and found that they bewildered me.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Squid Cake,

13397421785_b68a39f37c_b.jpg

Archived