Confused for life!!

mad mish

Hey there! I figured out I m aro ace recently like 6 to 7 months back through a youtube video on asexuality and when I watched it I was like 'holy shit it's me' and I immediately connected with the word asexuality. Eventually, I started learning more about it I read and watched videos which made me believe I belong here and later I accepted it too but then sometimes when I see a movie about romance or listen someone talk about how they connect with one another and how one person is complementing other and how they are solving life problems together makes me wonder am I missing out on something and this could be because I have never dated in my life I have always hated the thought of being in a relationship or sex and committing to someone but somewhere back in my head I m like what if I am not ace and same time in my head I am like I hate thought of having sex or relationship and all this is creating so much mess in my head that I can't think straight anymore. So I need an outsider perspective so that I can clear stuff in my head.

NickyTannock

A belated welcome to AVEN!

I have the same doubts. When I say that I'm Asexual, a part of me thinks that I'm lying to myself and other people.
What helps is asking myself if I've ever experienced sexual attraction, because the answer is a resounding no.
I'm an Aromantic Asexual, and I'm now 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Harry Potter Cake,

large.jpg

@MichaelTannock firstly thank you so much for the harry potter cake that was really sweet of u 😄 and it really helped when u told that u went through the same stuff and I guess when I question myself if I have ever experienced sexual attraction the answer I get is NO and this literally giving me a sense of satisfaction for a moment..Thank you so much 🍰

Welcome! Yeah allonormativity is annoying when it portrays sexual relationships to be the ones with the only important emotional connection. You can have just a strong of an emotional connection with friends and family too! :) 

recipe_elegant-chocolate-cake.jpg?itok=p

Archived