Blossoming Spring Flowers

Mae 🌼

In one word, how does it make you feel when you see the first flowers of spring blossom? 

tenor.gif?itemid=11818252

It means that summer is around the corner, which is awful. So my word is going to be "argh".

I get happy for all the colors.

I think of this song

Anthracite_Impreza

I can't do one word, so here are several: Oh shit summer's coming which means heat and I hate heat.

Grumpy Alien

I don’t spend much time outdoors and I spend even less time around nature so I don’t really notice that sort of thing.

“Those flowers are beautiful... hay fever is just around the corner”

“Pretty...”. Coincidentally I just noticed a bunch of yellow flowers on a hill right next to my work.

Finally. I hate the gray, dull and colorless winter, so I'm always happy when plants start to bloom again. As a botany nerd I especially like the flowering of apples, plums, peaches and other species of the family of rosaceae. The blooming of these plants marks the phenological beginning of spring.

Butterflies 🦋 

The vigorous beginning of life cycle, beautiful but transient. Sign of rebirth and rejuvenation.

Divide By Zero

"Time to book a doctor's appointment to get my annual allergy medicine prescriptions " (I have really bad allergies :( and have to take prescription medicine)

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Sorrowful, because it signifies to me that winter is truly ending, and I won't get to see it again for a long time.

kiaroskuro

Happy. 🌸

But as much as I love flowers and plants, I mourn the passing of winter - and I hate summer with a passion. Why can't spring be followed by autumn?

I especially love magnolias.  They look and smell so beautiful, but they only last for about a week between blooming and dying. 

Then again, if they lasted longer, I'm not sure I would appreciate them as much.

• 2 weeks later...

Purity. 

• 11 months later...

@Mae 🌸

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived