Asexual/Biromantic & Unsure About Mostly Everything

stillfiguringthisout

stillfiguringthisout

I'm pretty new to all of this, but over the last year or so, I've been exploring different sexualities and explanations as to why I am the way I am.

I started considering that perhaps I was bisexual or a lesbian, but those labels don't really seem to be totally accurate. After finding out about asexuality (god bless the internet!), this definitely seems to be a more fitting label, although I almost don't feel like I fit in here either. My feelings seem to be different than most, so I guess I'm just wondering if this is really the right place for me. 

About me: I just turned 30 and have never had a boyfriend/girlfriend, let alone a relationship, or had sex. I'm not sex-repulsed, and actually think I might enjoy it if in a relationship, but I definitely don't feel sexual attraction toward anyone: male, female, or otherwise. But I do want a relationship. I want hugs, and kisses, and cuddles, and maybe sex? (I'm not sure. That could take time.) I want a spouse and a marriage and kids, but honestly, that all seems like it's never going to happen. Like I've started too late and there's no way for me to "catch up" with everyone else.

Anyway, I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for, maybe some kind of confirmation that I'm not alone? Or maybe just the knowledge that a relationship and family is not some insane dream, but something actual attainable...although I wouldn't even know where to begin...

• Like 2
Pamalla-Shay

Hey  and welcome 🍰🍰

You could be demisexual (form of asexual) but being honest, this sounds a lot like me.. I am 19 never dated anyone, but I want to have a relationship. I'm ace but not sex repulsed. You're not alone on this.

QuantumEcho

Welcome if you have any questions ask me. I am bi romantic also :)>

Hi and welcome! 🍰🍰🍰

I feel the same. I’m also 30, and just figured out that my aversion to dating has been that I’m asexual, but I didn’t have a label to put on it. I’m hopeful that I can find someone who’s also ace to have a relationship and share my life with. I do wish I had figured out why I feel the way I do 10 years ago, but at least I’m figuring it out now. 

You’re definitely not alone 😀

MissMidnight

Im almost 28 and ive been in alot of relationships and my current is over 3 years strong and im ace and i occasionally have sex. Im not sex repulsed, im pretty much neutral on it. I dont need it and Im fine to never have it but im also fine to occasionally have sex with my partner as his a sexual and he does need it and hes understanding about it all so its good. If you want a partner and marriage and kids it is something you can get if you want it. Itll probably be hard starting out as itll be new and dating scene is hurdles to tackle but you can do it. If you have questions or anything your welcome to message me.

You are not alone. Your story sounds similar to how I feel and many other posts I’ve read on AVEN.

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

You could be a Biromantic Asexual.
Asexuality is a lack of Sexual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have sex with someone.
Meaning if what you're feeling doesn't lead to the desire to have sex with the person you're feeling it towards, then it's not Sexual Attraction, even if it is an attraction or arousal.
But there are other types of attraction besides Sexual Attraction.
There's Romantic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone.
There's Sensual Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone, like kissing or cuddling.
There's Aesthetic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to appreciate someone's aesthetic beauty.
There's Platonic Attraction, which I define as leading to the desire to have a deep friendship with someone.
And more.

In my case, I'm an Aromantic Asexual, I'm now 33, and I've never had or desired either sex or a romantic relationship.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Beagle Cake,

dxwkoctsunyobis8fukb.jpg

• Like 2
Guest ANerdyBiromantic

Hey! I'm also a biromantic asexual but I'm beginning to notice that the term grey-ace fits me better. If you want to chat, you can always PM me and I'll try my best to help!

Here's some cake:

Image result for cake