Ace & Prom?

letusdeleteouraccounts

I didn't go to prom, whatever that is, but I did go to a highschool dance with a golem my sisters made from spare clothes, coat hangers and a plastic skull

SarahSomeone

Going this year, never been to a school dance before and my friends finally managed to convince me to go to at least one. Most of them have dates but I have my best friend who also doesn’t have a date so I think it’s a good idea to have a friend with you who you know won’t leave you half way through. It’s pretty expensive and I’m not a party person but I figured that this was a one-time kinda thing. It really depends on your circumstances I think, I agree with what other people are saying about it being up to you.

Squirrel Combat

I never went to prom. And everytime I think about it I wish I had. The girl I asked refused to go with me because I failed to show her I was boyfriend material and she didn't want to invest that kind of time with me otherwise, and I was young and stupid and didn't want to ask anyone else because I knew she still liked me and was still hopeful something might happen with her and asking someone else would derail that prospect. 

I was young and stupid.

Stupid because you never went? How do you figure that? Personally I think going to such rubbish is stupid 

Grumpy Alien

I’m 26 and sexual and for what it’s worth, I never went to prom and don’t regret it in the least. Sounds horrific in my opinion. Bunch of sweaty gremlins in ridiculous garb for no reason other than to get illegally intoxicated and rub clothed genitals on clothed butts. It’s a bizarre human ritual I’ll never understand.

Never went, never even considered going, never regretted it. Some people always did go without dates, but I never did - and for more reasons than the "sexually charged" atmosphere, though that was part of it! The music at dances is always really loud and loud music gives me headaches. We had to dress up for prom and I hated wearing formal clothes. And I didn't know that many people in high school, so I didn't see the point going to this overcrowded event to meet my friends when I could just talk to them perfectly normally at lunch the next day.

I hadn't planned on going, but ended up going in my junior year because the guy my friend was going with (as friends) ditched her for a dude in the next town over and she didn't want to go alone. She's not big on party scenes either, but she was graduating early and wanted to go at least once. Our school's tickets were reasonable and I didn't mind going with her. She looked like a pink cupcake with a milk carton purse, I took the whole thing a little less seriously than everyone else and went in a red dress from Forever 21's clearance rack, brown leggings/combat boots, a $1 "jeweled" devil horn headband, and homemade pentagram earrings (I tied a red yarn star into black hoop earrings I already had). I looked nice, just not like I was going to a prom. 😂 Honestly, we both had more fun when we were hanging out and getting dinner before we even got to the dance. We pretty much spent the dance itself dodging some of her bullies and talking to some old/mutual friends. I danced like an absolute idiot because I was bored and just wanted to mess around. 

There's a way to make prom fun, if you can look past the weird allosexual school dance traditions. But what made the night was hanging out with my friend, not the dance itself. I wouldn't have regretted missing it. 

helana12_03

I didn't go to my senior prom. Everyone told me that one day I would regret it. Hasn't happen't yet, and I doubt that it ever will.

Archived