Vaginal yeast infection

Downyup

I have a revulsion to anything touching my vagina, but got a yeast infection and the store only had inserts.  Is there a cream or something I can use instead?

Nine of Spades

Actually, if you pay a visit to your doctor, you should be able to get a prescription for fluconazole. It's taken by mouth, it's cheap, and it works pretty well for yeast infections. I think you might be able to get a prescription at a walk-in clinic since vaginal yeast infections are very common. 

Go to your local OBGYN and they can give you the right stuff. Explain your repulsion to them and they can help you work around that. Your doctors WANT TO KNOW these things so they can best accomodate their patients. If you have crappy and/or no insurance, go to your local health department and explain that you're having "womens health issues" and they'll point you to the right doctors. If you have no insurance, ask about sliding scale. It's a payment plan not often openly advertised at doctor's offices. Also, ask the doctor's office if they're willing to do a payment plan. Most clinics are more than happy to set up some kind of payment plan. 

everywhere and nowhere

Btw, how do such "inserts" look like? Because I suspect that some women could find themselves unable to "insert" them... Something in liquid form, or something taken orally, would be more "democratic".

Maybe at this moment just answering the question the OP has raised is sufficient. We don't want them to miss the very useful suggestion that, subject to contra-indicators, Fluconazole taken orally could provide a solution, hidden in extraneous debate 

2 hours ago, Nine of Spades said:

Actually, if you pay a visit to your doctor, you should be able to get a prescription for fluconazole. It's taken by mouth, it's cheap, and it works pretty well for yeast infections. I think you might be able to get a prescription at a walk-in clinic since vaginal yeast infections are very common. 

Thank I will do that

everywhere and nowhere
2 hours ago, CBC said:

How are you using the word 'democratic'...?

In the figurative meaning "(closer to) for everyone".

If you are taking the antibiotic erythromycin you should not take fluconazole.  Just mentioning that because antibiotics are a common indirect cause for yeast infections.

Archived