Trying to determine my romantic orientation

Barbara!

If I have only ever romantically loved one person who happened to be female (while I am male), yet their gender plays no role in my attraction, am I/could I be pan-romantic, or something else perhaps? I'm not repulsed by the idea of romantically being with a person of any one gender identity, but I feel as if I can't say much about my own romantic orientation as I've only been in love with one person. I couldn't get much out of my internet research, so I wanted to get some perspectives and opinions from people, some of whom may have been in a similar situation. Thanks in advance for your help, guys! 😅

NickyTannock

I've moved this thread from 'Questions about Asexuality' to 'Romantic and Aromantic Orientations'.

Michael Tannock,
Open Mic moderator and Questions about Asexuality Co-moderator.

Galactic Turtle

Being in love with someone is like... the last stop on the romantic attraction train. Developing mild interest and then a crush are usually the first steps so I'd really go by that.

2 minutes ago, Galactic Turtle said:

Being in love with someone is like... the last stop on the romantic attraction train. Developing mild interest and then a crush are usually the first steps so I'd really go by that.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm content to be at the last stop, I suppose! It's a great place to be!

Archived