Asexuality Books

BlueHairedFairy

BlueHairedFairy

I couldn't find anything in search so hopefully this isn't addressed elsewhere. I would love to hear about any good asexual reads. Fiction or nonfiction. I'm hungry for some good reading material that won't turn me off ☺️

Biblioromantic

My favorite nonfiction book about asexuality is The Invisible Orientation by Julie Decker. Lots of good info, plus it's, like, the only nonfiction book about asexuality written by an ace that's not a collection of memoirs, so there's that.

• Like 2
BlueHairedFairy
1 hour ago, Biblioromantic said:

My favorite nonfiction book about asexuality is The Invisible Orientation by Julie Decker. Lots of good info, plus it's, like, the only nonfiction book about asexuality written by an ace that's not a collection of memoirs, so there's that.

I actually requested this book from the library before I even posted this. Looking forward to reading it! I was just amazed at the fact that it was one of just a few books that I could find at the library on the subject. I noticed that other people had given it great reviews. Thanks!

• Like 2

The best two have already been named above. Asexual Perspectives might also be worth a read, but nowhere as good as the other two in my opinion.

The Invisible Orientation is probably the current standard bearer, although I found parts of the book a bit negative. I still recommend it though.

• Like 1
anisotrophic

My favorite is actually Bogaert's book, Understanding Asexuality, for the more neutral perspective of a researcher. (I have the Decker book too.)

• Like 2
stillfiguringthisout

Perfect Rhythm by Jae! (fair warning: it does have a sex scene in it, but there's also a warning on the chapter so you can skip it if you'd like)

• Like 1

I'm currently reading  "let's talk about love" by Claire Kann. Asexual main character and verrrry relatable 😉

Best representation in YA-Books I could find so far. 

• Like 1
NickyTannock

@Lui A belated welcome to AVEN!

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Books Cake,

wide.jpg

• Like 1
Divide By Zero

There's a thread with a long list of books

• Like 1