I am extremely confused

Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user

I am a male middle schooler & have a male best friend (this will be important later) he is the same age as me we've known each other for 2 years the second year is when we got really close, now ,I've known I was asexual for a few months but recently I have been questioning my romantic attraction, while I do feel some attraction towards women, I'm starting to think I have feelings for my best friend, however just him, no other male.  What am I?

letusdeleteouraccounts

Dude, I’m 17 and I say don’t question your sexuality and romanticism in middle school. Do you, have fun, be a kid, and save those questions for high school

I know of two conflicting philosophies of attraction: the one where you sort of average out your attractions, like the Kinsey scale but for romance, etc, and the one where you just have one, and any anomalies are okay, like you may have a crush on someone that falls outside of your area of attraction, and that's totally fine because it shouldn't really matter that much.

This sort of sparks the Idea in me that does there really need to be such a thing as a defined sexuality? After all, we could all go about loving whoever we want to love without expressing who we love through a set of criteria. Like instead of saying I don't have a crush on bladybla because I'm heterosexual, we could just stop at I don't have a crush on bladybla full stop. 

Of course, it's great that we can express our sexual preferences the way we currently do, but don't let that be a worry.

If you do insist on having a definition for yourself though, I'd suggest something like

Hetero romantic with Demi homo romantic traits, no?

letusdeleteouraccounts
2 minutes ago, Abîme said:

Hetero romantic with Demi homo romantic traits, no?

They usually say heteroflexible when it’s a bisexual situation but for a biromantic situation like this, it seems to be heteroflexible-romantic

1 hour ago, Anonymous_user said:

What am I? 

You are you. Ha.
On a more serious note:
Since you are a bit younger it could be you are discovering your romantic feelings for (other) males just now even if it's only your best friend at the moment.
That's something only time can tell. I discovered somewhere in my late teens I can have some romantic feelings for guys through a close male friend too - before it was just girls. However it could also be strong platonic affection and not a crush though only you can answer that.
The others already answered the "definition question". Don't stress yourself out over it, just relax and see how your feelings develop. I think it's wonderful you have such a great friend you feel close to in your life.

Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, Anonymous_user said:

What am I?

Far too young to be worrying about this ;) You have one childhood, don't spend it worrying about labels!

blueheroness

It could be romantic attraction or it could be a deep appreciation and love for a friend. It may take some time to know what the feeling really is. Just keep being yourself and enjoying your friendship. Don't put too much pressure on yourself to figure it out right away. 

Archived