I think I am aromantic but I have a crush, is that possible?

ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity

Okay, first of all, he could be a squish. But is he a squish if I want to kiss him? Like I know I definitely don’t want a relationship, maybe he is just so cute and that’s why I want to kiss him. It’s like, if he were to tell me he loves me I would tell him I don’t just so I don’t have to be in a relationship. I think of kissing as a sexual thing more than romantic, am I wrong, please help me out.

NickyTannock

Welcome to AVEN!

I'd say he's a Squish.

Although kissing is sometimes associated with Romantic Attraction or Sexual Attraction, it's an example of Sensual Attraction.

I define Romantic Attraction as leading to the desire to have a romantic relationship with someone, I define Sexual Attraction as leading to the desire to have sex with someone, and I define Sensual Attraction as leading to the desire to have intimate non-sexual physical contact with someone like kissing or cuddling.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Gravity Defying Magpie Cake,

em9ivwivqoxhxo69fzn0.jpg

Anthracite_Impreza

Eh, could be either. Kissing isn't automatically romantic (I kiss my guinea pig all the time but I don't wanna date him), but it can be (I'm very soppy with my something or other). If you don't want an intimate relationship though, it's probably not romantic or even QPR territory.

RoseGoesToYale

Sounds like sensual attraction, or wanting to be physically close to someone in a non-sexual way, e.g. holding hands, cuddling, kissing, etc. As far as whether kissing is more sensual or sexual, that very much depends on the individual. It's certainly possible and normal to want to kiss someone and want nothing more (not sure if there's a name for that specifically... squash? sqush? I don't know, but I have experienced it)

Welcome to AVEN!

Red-Velvet-Cake.jpg

Grumpy Alien

I don’t know how wanting to kiss someone isn’t a crush but then I don’t believe in squishes.

Archived