New Moderator Needed: Questions about Asexuality: Nominations

Kelly

*throws song into ring*

I kinda miss modding Q&A, I don't think I'll mind modding it again.

@Kelly Who stepped down? The "Who Mods What" thread doesn't say who stepped down.

@Kimmie. only do what you're comfortable with, ok? I know you're getting a ton of encouragement, which is lovely to have (and it's all true btw!!! You are smart, sweet, helpful, a great part of the community), but it comes down to what you want to do. The first time I ran, I ran for T&S and Celebration Time. Forums I thought I'd do great in. I had no barriers in front of me from winning the election, but my mind and anxiety told me to stop. It wasn't right at that time, so I had to step out of the race, literally a few days before it was going to end. Then some months later is when I went for Welcome Lounge...and it DID feel right...and I was on admods for almost 2 years. Stepped down, and I'm now on PT after a break in between. The only time I would run is if it felt right and I didn't have anxiety swirling. So please don't feel pressured to run unless you feel right about it, ok? All of our confidence and urging is great and there for a reason, but your confidence matters most! :cake: *sends love*

@Kimmie. Dunno what anyone thinks of me giving my opinions given I'm running, but you can feel free to ask me any questions you have given I've modded Q&A before.

Sorry I should not have asked i am almost panicking right now. I have sleep problems as it is. 

And I am afraid that being a mod would hurt my view on AVEN. 

Take care of yourself. You don't have to run. And if you want to contribute to the community at some point there are other things you could do besides being a mod if modding isn't your thing.

8 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Sorry I should not have asked i am almost panicking right now. I have sleep problems as it is. 

It's fine if you don't want to run, no pressure. Both the PT and DT teams are pretty cool, if they ever have elections soon.

41 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Oh, no. :( I'm sorry if my post pressured you. I understand where you're coming from. Just remember that if you ever change your mind, you have my vote, okay? *hugs*

3 hours ago, FaerieFate said:

@Kelly Who stepped down? The "Who Mods What" thread doesn't say who stepped down.

I'm stepping down, but @Phoenix the II is swapping out Q&A to take JFF off my hands I think. 

3 minutes ago, sea-lemon said:

I'm stepping down, but @Phoenix the II is taking JFF off my hands I think. 

So Phoenix is dropping Q&A for JFF?

Just now, FaerieFate said:

So Phoenix is dropping Q&A for JFF?

I think so, if I'm remembering right. 

Also @Kimmie. if you want to mod but are worried about the stress, you could give Meetup and Intersectionality a try instead - they tend to be quieter forums, and might be less daunting to start with. You'll also have a whole team of other admods, and a training team if you get stuck or have questions, and once you get the hang of it it's much less scary than it seems. Of course, no pressure at all if you don't want to run :)

scarletlatitude
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Also know that there is a training team available to help you! :) It is me, @WünderBâhr, and @Goonie currently. 

14 minutes ago, scarletlatitude said:

Also know that there is a training team available to help you! :) It is me, @WünderBâhr, and @Goonie currently. 

I concur that these people are good TT. 

2 hours ago, Lee 🌸 said:

Oh, no. :( I'm sorry if my post pressured you. I understand where you're coming from. Just remember that if you ever change your mind, you have my vote, okay? *hugs*

It's okay. 

@sea-lemon that sounds like a plan. 

But i still feel like a loser,  here are people jumping around to different positions like it is nothing. And here i am panicking that people trust me..

1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

But i still feel like a loser,  here are people jumping around to different positions like it is nothing. And here i am panicking that people trust me..

It's ok - it seems really scary to start with when you've not done it before, and panicking about the unknown doesn't make you a loser at all. 

8 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

You're not a loser. If you're worried about dealing with reports, then may I suggest Welcome Lounge if that comes up again? It doesn't get many reports, and it's basically just saying hi to newbies. I think you'd do great making newbies feel welcome :)

1 minute ago, FaerieFate said:

You're not a loser. If you're worried about dealing with reports, then may I suggest Welcome Lounge if that comes up again? It doesn't get many reports, and it's basically just saying hi to newbies. I think you'd do great making newbies feel welcome :)

Yeah I have thought of that one. 

1 hour ago, Chihiro said:

Ha! Nice to see that moderators are endorsing candidates so openly. Why bother holding election, when you guys clearly want your friends in? Too bad Kimmie pulled out the race, with blessings of admod team I am sure they would have won the election easily. Anyone who doesn't know the running candidates will obviously pick the endorsed candidate...

If you look at elections, mostly, not everyone votes to endorse only a single candidate (I believe daveb was the closest at almost having a rare, unanimous "yes" vote from almost all members, out of all elections); some members vote "abstain" or "no" to varying degrees. So, not everyone votes for only members they know well or their friends because, although most members are in their teens and 20s, they've decided to vote for members who are older; I've voted for candidates whom I didn't know at all, based on their bio they'd sent for elections, how they interact with other members, etc.

That post did not really make me feel better about myself.

Just now, Kimmie. said:

That post did not really make me feel better about myself to say the least. 

I don't have anything against the endorsed member. In fact, all of the endorsements you got told me that you're a friendly person, which was why I said I see you doing well in Welcome Lounge. I just have a problem with admods doing it because endorsements from an admod mean a little something extra to newer members (based on my experience and how I felt as a new member). So the fact that I've seen admods in the past with blatant biases against certain members (I'm not talking about current admods, please don't hurt me :( ) leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

For instance, when I was new, Lia was a mod (or maybe she was an admin? I don't remember). I thought highly of her simply because she was an admod. If she endorsed someone back then, it'd probably have greatly effected my vote. Now adays, I still know Lia is awesome (since I've had the pleasure of working with her), but I see that admods are all just members like me, so if an admod endorses someone I take that opinion with a grain of salt. Using Lia as an example because that's someone I distinctly remember looking up to back in the day. 

Archived