New Moderator Needed: Questions about Asexuality: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Questions about Asexuality Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Please note that you can only run for one post. There is this one, and Meetup Mart/Intersectionality elections running concurrently.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 11 April to Thursday, 18 April: Nominations.

Thursday, 18 April to Sunday, 21 April: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 21 April to Sunday, 28 April: Voting.

@Kimmie., no pressure. Only run if you want to. :) 

People can really only nominate themselves anyway.

What the actual "insert word here"  i think I pass but thanks for the confidence. 

4 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

What the actual "insert word here"  i think I pass but thanks for the confidence. 

I mean do be honest i don´t have the skills to mod anything really. And i am not sure if i want to know what happends in the background either.

42 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I mean do be honest i don´t have the skills to mod anything really. And i am not sure if i want to know what happends in the background either.

In terms of not having the skills, I firmly believe that we don't elect the qualified rather, we qualify the elected. In other words the skills can be taught. That being said while I think you'd be an awesome Mod if you don't to run I respect your decision. 

11 minutes ago, ben8884 said:

In terms of not having the skills, I firmly believe that we don't elect the qualified rather, we qualify the elected. In other words the skills can be taught. That being said while I think you'd be an awesome Mod if you don't to run I respect your decision. 

I thought of it because this

What you might want to include in a bio:

• Your motivation for running
  • Why you're interested in this forum/position
  • Specific skills you have for the job
  • Any current or previous experience you have
  • Something about yourself

from

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

If anyone has questions about what modding is like, feel free to ask. Here's a summary and here's a more detailed explanation. There's also a Q&A thread from a while back.

Also, there's always someone around to ask for a second opinion or what to do about [thing].

Is there amount of time you have to sit on the position the least before you resign?

6 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Is there amount of time you have to sit on the position the least before you resign?

No, there isn't.

I am thinking of it but i really find it hard to belive that anyone would think that would do a good job...

And my bio, i can´t come up with anything to write that would help me in anyway.

3 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

I am thinking of it but i really find it hard to belive that anyone would think that would do a good job...

Only one way to find out :D

And my bio, i can´t come up with anything to write that would help me in anyway.

You might want to check a few bios posted in the past to see what people talk about in general.

I don't want to sound like pushing anyone towards doing something they're not comfortable with, but there's nothing to lose when running really. Worst case is one doesn't get elected and life goes on :) (at least that's how I approached it back in the day)

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Worst case is one doesn't get elected

Part of me see that as the good case.

I started with no modding skills or anything like that.  Ended up doing pretty well.  If the job calls to you then go for it.

Also I'm no longer a part of admods so I'll happily look over your bio and help you out.  People don't care about "have you had experience" as much as how well you know the community, what changes you want to see, and of course passion for the position.

Just now, Kimmie. said:

Part of me see that as the good case.

Sooo... win-win? :D

I have been modding stuff for quite a few years now and I have powerful buttons on three of the most important pages about the respective subjects but still, I thought "WTF did I get myself into" every single time. BTW, seconding Kisa here. Knowing your way around the forums you run for is a huge advantage :)

The thing is i am not comfortable with having anykind of power over someone else, and i personaly think that a lobotomized badger would do better job then me. But in the same time all of those that wants me to run need to have a reson to why they think i would be able to handle it.

So

@Phoenix the II

@Just Dani

@Niohmaye

@CustardCream

could you please tell me why just why you think i would be a good candidate because i can´t see it.

The thing is i am not comfortable with having anykind of power over someone else, and i personaly think that a lobotomized badger would do better job then me. But in the same time all of those that wants me to run need to have a reson to why they think i would be able to handle it.

So

@Phoenix the II

@Just Dani

@Niohmaye

@CustardCream

could you please tell me why just why you think i would be a good candidate because i can´t see it.

I think that's why they see it.  I don't know you well enough to know why the community has faith in you but I can see the faith is there.  That's usually a good sign.

Also if you aren't comfortable with modding then I think it might be wise to wait until something pops up that you feel ready for.  Don't rush into something because everyone wants you to do it :) 

@Kimmie. :) Perhaps, it might be because you come across as a genuinely nice, honest person in your posts, which might be what the community wants and thinks would be a good, character trait for a moderator: one who'd be understanding, fair, etc.

54 minutes ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

@Kimmie. :) Perhaps, it might be because you come across as a genuinely nice, honest person in your posts, which might be what the community wants and thinks would be a good, character trait for a moderator: one who'd be understanding, fair, etc.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I am still thinking of it but don't keep your hopes up. 

@Kimmie.

I know you've been contemplating running for a while and worry that you won't do a good job, and I believe all those worries are valid. It's a lot of responsibility and work, and I'm not going to pretend it's not stressful and daunting at times. But I, personally, have always wanted to see you as a mod as well. I think you'd be a valuable asset to the team and would help it achieve great things. The team is always there to answer questions or help if you get lost. It's definitely a jungle at first, but it doesn't take long before you find the clearing. I promise.

I really hope you'll consider running, but no pressure if you feel you're still not ready. ☺ Best of luck!

Cheshire-Cat
6 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

From my backroom lurking, and declass work, I would say being a mod isn't really about having power over others, more about just making sure things run smoothly. The majority of the time they seem to, and it might just be nudging people to remind them they're close to the line, only occasionally does it involve anything more serious that may constitute a warn. And even then it's not a loan decision, with the admod team deciding the best course of action. Or just realising that a thread would fit better elsewhere and shuffling it to the appropriate forum. Plus there's plenty of threads where you can ask for advice, as well as our lovely training team.

As for running, when I ran for DT I wasn't even entirely sure what DT did, it just seemed like something I could be good at so I ran for it. It took me a while to work out how to do things right, and come up with my own style, but now I'm glad I ran for it. And if it turned out it just didn't suit you you could stand down, but there's obviously a fair few members with plenty of confidence in your ability, even if you don't have that confidence in yourself at the moment.

Custard Cream
7 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

So

@Phoenix the II

@Just Dani

@Niohmaye

@CustardCream

Kimmie, you are a genuine person. You are kind. You care. You radiate warmth and compassion. You are exactly the sort of person I would want to represent me. I don't know what more to say.  The fact you don't want to stand says more about your integrity than you realise. If you choose not to - well, I won't blame you, it's a hard decision. But you would get my vote. 

@Kimmie. It sounds like a lot of people already beat me to the punch. 

Like they've mentioned, I think that you'd be a great candidate for many reasons. I think that you're a very kind, honest, and understanding person. I think that your character alone would make you a good moderator. 😊

I know how hard it is to see the good in one's self, tho. Please trust me when I say that there's a lot that's great about you. :) 

Member131995
7 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

So

@Phoenix the II

@Just Dani

@Niohmaye

@CustardCream

I was going to reply with something but honestly @CustardCream said it much better than I could!😊 You would have my vote too! I will also say, for me, I would want for you to be because of who you are, a genuinely good, kind and compassionate person who is also understanding and fair, which are traits that come to mind, for me, when I think of the admods and the members on the team. But as everyone else has said, I merely echo this because I'm late to the party😅, there is no pressure. It is a difficult decision and only one you can make and that we will all respect regardless what it is.😊

Archived