New Moderator Needed: Meetup Mart and Intersectionality: Nominations

Kelly

I am still up for it i think but i am for @nameinagames sugestion to share the work load.

Horse Ham Radio
14 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I dont want to bring down your argument but there is only 1 hour between the UK and Sweden.

Ah, but that's only part of it :P The times we are online at differ by more than one hour, and cover a significantly broader set of times than either of us individually.

40 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I am still up for it i think but i am for @nameinagames sugestion to share the work load.

That's understandable. If I were running for something like this, I'd also want to share one of two forums.

I've been away so long, not sure anyone will remember me. Although my current module is almost at an end, assignment week will be the same as Q&A - but considering

Even if you don't post to one of these forums very much, you can still be a good moderator. You would just have to skim through its activity and address reports that come in. There aren't a lot of contentious debates that pop up in these, from what I've read.

WünderBâhr

For the record, there is a training team available to help all new (and returning) Admods acclimate to their forums and responsibilities. Candidates' potential fellow Admods would also be there for support. So while taking on more than one forum can seem daunting, the amount of activity (and subsequent effort required) is looked at when combining forums for election, as well.

That's not to dismiss what has been suggested, by any means. Only giving some context and perspective. Best of luck to all nominees! If you have any more questions about the process, or have further suggestions, please check out the threads below (also to help prevent burying nominations). 😛 Thanks!

-Rules and Procedures for Elections

-What a Mod Does -- updated

-Staff Code of Conduct

-Ask Admods a question (that might not deserve its own thread) 

-Have you ever considered running for Mod/PT/DT? **The Encouragement Thread** thread

**note: The encouragement thread will be closed during the election period to respect campaigning rules and restrictions. -The thread will be specifically for encouragement, no antagonizing will be allowed.

Is it not contradictory to say that "you all work as a team" but not allowing sharing the workload? 

EDIT: And lets say we have a scenario like this 2 people are running and no one else is intrested, but they say thay will only run if they can share the work and if that is okay they will jump off. What would happend in a case like that? 

3 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

EDIT: And lets say we have a scenario like this 2 people are running and no one else is intrested, but they say thay will only run if they can share the work and if that is okay they will jump off. What would happend in a case like that? 

Then that person is not the right individual for that/those particular forum(s) and shouldn't run at this time. 

26 minutes ago, .Lia said:

Then that person is not the right individual for that/those particular forum(s) and shouldn't run at this time. 

You do realize that could risk that no one will ever run right?

So what is better 2 okay mods or no one at all?

15 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

I doubt that everyone interested in running for a moderator position will give an ultimatum. 

2 minutes ago, .Lia said:

I doubt that everyone interested in running for a moderator position will give an ultimatum. 

Yeah you are right. I am just in a bad mood today for some reason, i should not have written that. I am sorry.

20 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

As said before, we group the forums in a way that keeps the workload balanced. I modded JFF/Arcade and Tea & Sympathy for a while to cover an open position and that's not something one could do for an extended period of time. We always ask around in the backroom whether it'd be okay to put two particular forums up for election together or if it's too much/too little/whatever.

I mod Tea & Sympathy, World Watch and Alternate Language. Also covering Intersectionality right now. Covered Off-A on top of that for a while, five forums total, no problem. But if anyone said "Hey let's group Welcome Lounge, Just For Fun and Tea & Sympathy together", I'd question their sanity.

We're watching that closely. Also if it turns out that one can't handle the workload, there's always the option to shuffle around.

Maybe for some members, sharing another forum instead of choosing to moderate two would be more about wanting to share and not feeling personally guilty or "greedy" by taking/ending up with both, when they're running at least more than one candidate who is also willing to moderate, rather than feeling unable to handle the work.

I'm not sure I have everyone who is running here (I'm not doing anything electiony, this is just for my own brain) so I want to make sure I have all of the names:

Tanwen

Kimmie.

Did I miss anybody?  The conversation got sidetracked so I got a little lost.

4 hours ago, Kisa the Kit Kat said:

I'm not sure I have everyone who is running here (I'm not doing anything electiony, this is just for my own brain) so I want to make sure I have all of the names:

Tanwen

Kimmie.

Did I miss anybody?  The conversation got sidetracked so I got a little lost.

is not @nameinagame running? 

Horse Ham Radio
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

is not @nameinagame running? 

I'll only run if we can share the workload or the forums get split into two mod positions. It really wouldn't make sense for me to take these two very different forums when I only really know one of them well. It would be nice to get some clarification on if this is possible.

5 minutes ago, nameinagame said:

I'll only run if we can share the workload or the forums get split into two mod positions. It really wouldn't make sense for me to take these two very different forums when I only really know one of them well. It would be nice to get some clarification on if this is possible.

Yeah and reason to why, we only get walk arounds as it is now which is really disheartening. Should not the users intrests be the most important?

Okay then it’s still just Tanwen and Kimmie based on public information.

If you would like to discuss sharing the workload I’d suggest making a thread in site comments.  This is very hard to follow.

I take back my request i am clearly not good enough for this job. Thanks for the support even if i dont deserve it.

I'm sorry to hear that; I like seeing members who've never modded before being given the chance to try it.

6 hours ago, nameinagame said:

With the relatively low traffic that these forums get, it just wouldn't be practical - all they need is a quick skim through new posts, bringing up the occasional report, or flagging spammers. I currently co-mod JFF, Chatterbox and Arcade on top of Meetup, and despite the fact that they're some of the busiest forums on here, most of my modding work is voting on reports that have nothing to do with my forums; I suspect the same will be true for Meetup/Intersectionality as a combination. 

You don't necessarily need to be an active participant, though it does help, as you tend to be able to get a feel for forums with a couple of weeks of just reading. 

3 hours ago, sea-lemon said:

With the relatively low traffic that these forums get, it just wouldn't be practical - all they need is a quick skim through new posts, bringing up the occasional report, or flagging spammers. I currently co-mod JFF, Chatterbox and Arcade on top of Meetup, and despite the fact that they're some of the busiest forums on here, most of my modding work is voting on reports that have nothing to do with my forums; I suspect the same will be true for Meetup/Intersectionality as a combination. 

You don't necessarily need to be an active participant, though it does help, as you tend to be able to get a feel for forums with a couple of weeks of just reading. 

2 hours ago, OptimisticPessimist said:

This, some forums simply don’t need a co-mod.

*agrees* When I was a mod...for a time I modded Alt Lang, Welcome Lounge, and Celebration Time...and then Open Mic. Then I dropped Cels, but it was still a lot. :lol: A lot but possible! You'd be surprised what you can actually handle. : ) @Kimmie. We love and support you on whatever your decision is. I think now might not be the right time since you're questioning so much. Wait until you're totally sure, ok? But please no apologies or feeling bad. <3 You would make a great mod when you are 100% ready. Take it easy. :cake: 

And @nameinagame, even if Kimmie doesn't want to, I hope you'll still consider running. You don't have to know the forum well to mod it. When I was a mod, I decided to take on Q&A despite not posting or looking in it much. I found that I enjoyed it and could contribute to it. And it's okay if you don't contribute much to that forum, too.

Horse Ham Radio
17 hours ago, PrismaticDream said:

And @nameinagame, even if Kimmie doesn't want to, I hope you'll still consider running. You don't have to know the forum well to mod it. When I was a mod, I decided to take on Q&A despite not posting or looking in it much. I found that I enjoyed it and could contribute to it. And it's okay if you don't contribute much to that forum, too.

After careful thought (and seeing all of the likes your message received) I have decided that I will run in the end :)

I'm in

17 hours ago, PrismaticDream said:

even if Kimmie doesn't want to

To be honest parts of me wants to but i am as already mentioned not good enough, plus parts of the job makes me uncomfortable.

But @nameinagame i am super happy for you, GO you🙂

3 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

@Kimmie. Only do what you yourself feel comfortable doing right now.. You know what's best for you ;) 

If another position not amod one comes up i can be intrested.

as per the rules of having to clearly state you want to enter. Currently no one has entered.

17 minutes ago, Ricki said:

as per the rules of having to clearly state you want to enter. Currently no one has entered.

I'm puzzled. Isn't this a clear statement from @nameinagame wanting to run: "...I have decided that I will run in the end. I'm in."?

On 4/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, nameinagame said:

After careful thought (and seeing all of the likes your message received) I have decided that I will run in the end :)

I'm in

Archived