New Moderator Needed: Meetup Mart and Intersectionality: Nominations

Kelly

Join the team!

If you think you would be interested in being the new Meetup Mart and Intersectionality Moderator, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring. Just be sure to make it clear that you wish to run.

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Please note that you can only run for one post. There is this one, and Questions about Asexuality elections running concurrently.

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

This is the timeline for this election:

Thursday, 11 April to Thursday, 18 April: Nominations.

Thursday, 18 April to Sunday, 21 April: Dedicated Q&A period.

Sunday, 21 April to Sunday, 28 April: Voting.

If anyone has questions about what modding is like, feel free to ask. Here's a summary and here's a more detailed explanation. There's also a Q&A thread from a while back.

Also, there's always someone around to ask for a second opinion or what to do about [thing].

*bumps*

Best of luck to anyone wishing to run! :) If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask them.

These are pretty light forums, so it's a good entry level mod job if you're hesitant to take on anything big to start out with. :)

7 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

These are pretty light forums, so it's a good entry level mod job if you're hesitant to take on anything big to start out with. :)

:) Hey, @Kimmie.. Have you seen this thread?

10 hours ago, InquisitivePhilosopher said:

:) Hey, @Kimmie.. Have you seen this thread?

I have seen it yes.

I am a little bit worried that threads in intersectionality can turn really elitist really fast.

Nominations close in a few hours for any one intending to run.

Iff was very wrong in this. 

8 minutes ago, iff said:

Nominations close in a few hours for any one intending to run.

Ehhh it says:

Nominations last for a week. This got posted this morning or really late last night. It was almost worth it until an hour later this time.

1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

Ehhh it says:

My mistake. I got my periods the wrong way around.

Apologies

IF i nominate myself for this here is a sketch for a bio if anyone wants to see

Spoiler

So it has come to this..
Why do i want to run in this? well i don´t know to be honest with you. Wanting to give something back to the community maybe? feeling like thief that just takes up storage space, being presured to do it?
I just don´t know. 

And to why i "want" to mod this 2 sub forums? well they don´t have much traffic and are calm according to the info i have got about them.

When it comes to skills that would make me a good mod.... Well to be honest i don´t know, i don´t handle stress well,i i can take things to personal so i wouldhave a problem 
with being impartial in some cases.

And i don´t have any experience with doing this kind of thing before.

So if you want what is best for the forum don´t vote for because you would probably regret it.

2 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

...I am a little bit worried that threads in intersectionality can turn really elitist really fast.

Hmm...I haven't really seen that in that forum, though of course, I haven't read every thread, there.

Remember, you can always just use a green warning/nudge to everyone in the thread, without having to "punish" a single person.

2 hours ago, Kimmie. said:

Ehhh it says:

:) See? You can be a good mod: you caught this error.

OK fine i give it a go. I throw  a beanie in to the ring. And i REALLY hope someone else is up for it too.

(so i can lose with some dignity)

Horse Ham Radio

Tempted to give some easy competition for you Kimmie :P Can these forums be separately moderated? There's only one that would make sense for me to compete for.

3 minutes ago, nameinagame said:

Tempted to give some easy competition for you Kimmie :P Can these forums be separately moderated? There's only one that would make sense for me to compete for.

I am wondering the same.

I’d be happy to mod 1 “easy” forum (but I don’t meet the eligibility criteria yet) 🙂

Horse Ham Radio
1 hour ago, Kimmie. said:

I am wondering the same.

If we're the only ones who end up running, I'm more than happy for us to take a forum each :) Assuming this is possible, of course.

1 minute ago, nameinagame said:

If we're the only ones who end up running, I'm more than happy for us to take a forum each :) Assuming this is possible, of course.

I am okay with that if i get more yes then no.

25 minutes ago, nameinagame said:

I think they were intending to hold an election for only one mod for both forums, so only the winning candidate would get elected. You'd have to talk to the admods if you wanted to split it into two elections.

And @Kimmie. I modded Intersectionality for almost two years and had hardly any disciplinary problems. There wasn't much elitism.

4 minutes ago, PrismaticDream said:

And @Kimmie. I modded Intersectionality for almost two years and had hardly any disciplinary problems. There wasn't much elitism

How is that even possible? I mean a forum made for people with certain belives/views to talk to each other without anyone questioning it? And i don´t just talk about ace elitism but social,political, religous and so on.

I think I remember making the forum.  The goal of the forum was always a place for "X AND".  So people could talk to other aces who were PoC, or Jewish or had Cerebal Palsy or whatever we didn't already pick up in the other bigger forums.  I think it worked okay and I like going in there and learning about what Muslim holiday is coming up or just read something that interested me.  People tend to stick to their own lane or they branch out if they're curious.

Also I think it helps that it's so far down that people who come to the site with the sole intent of trolling don't think of it.

If people were saying that their identity/belief was better than others, then that wouldn't be allowed, but I don't recall that happening very often. It's mostly a place for people with shared experiences to talk about them.

Okay then i stand corrected.

But i can asure you all that if i don´t chicken out before the QaA/voting there is a change that i will try to lose deliberately.

12 minutes ago, Kimmie. said:

Okay then i stand corrected.

But i can asure you all that if i don´t chicken out before the QaA/voting there is a change that i will try to lose deliberately.

Kimmie, though a lot of people would like you to run, you don't have to if you don't want to. Don't feel bad either way.

We will see what happends.

firewallflower

@Kimmie. I'd love to see you in the election, and while I don't know you that well personally, I do think you'd do a good job. :) That said, if you don't want to run, don't feel pressured into doing it just because other people think you should. There are so many other ways to contribute (which you already do by being a member of the community!), and there's nothing whatsoever wrong with standing down if it isn't something you want or feel ready for. (Plus, if you don't run now and then decide you want to after all, there are always future elections!)

It's completely your choice either way, don't forget that. Just... no pressure, okay? 🙂

Horse Ham Radio

How open are the admods to having these forums co-modded? I mean having @Kimmie. and I sharing the responsibility. That way the job becomes much easier and we get better coverage across the timezones.

Just now, nameinagame said:

coverage across the timezones.

I dont want to bring down your argument but there is only 1 hour between the UK and Sweden.

I don't think members meant to pressure @Kimmie. into running, just that they remember @Kimmie. mentioning for a while, now, that she wanted to try giving back to the site and to not let her self-doubts get in the way because they aren't accurate representations of who she is and her character (because members remember feeling self-doubts about themselves, too, whether it was running for a mod position or not). :) You do have good qualities, @Kimmie. Please, don't forget that.

I know it can be hard, sometimes, when dealing with negative thoughts about yourself, but those thoughts aren't accurate because they're completely forgetting your good qualities.

Archived