Stanley Cup 2019 playoffs

scarletlatitude

36 minutes ago, Road said:

And there goes Canada for another year...

I don't even know who to root for now.

We're doing better in the NBA.

Who would've thought as a Canadian, that taking Patrick Roy's last run at one with the Canadiens would be the last one this side of the border.

Insane, when you think about it.

I wanted to crawl into bed 45 minutes ago, but I was following the Caps vs Canes score. Hooooly shit. Fuckers kept me up through 30 played minutes of overtime, but goddamn, Carolina! Neither Stanley Cup final team from last season makes it past the first round. None of the four teams from the CONFERENCE FINALS from last year make it through! Shit.

RoseGoesToYale

Holy mother of hockey games, this game 7 between the Caps and Canes. I was listening on radio, what a crazy game! Aho and Teräväinen are a force to be reckoned with. I'll catch the highlights in the morning. I need to shower.

Incidentally, I am now rooting for the Bunch of Jerks. :lol:

Bunch of Jerks as in the Coldumbus Blunch of Jerkets?

RoseGoesToYale
4 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Bunch of Jerks as in the Coldumbus Blunch of Jerkets?

We all know they're secretly the Columbus Turncoats :P

Just now, RoseGoesToYale said:

We all know they're secretly the Columbus Turncoats :P

If they ever fail financially and move to Quebec, doubly so. Triply, perhaps.

My picks for the next round are CBJ, DAL, SJS, and CAR. But that's based on arbitrary preference and not measurement of performance.

Those are also what I'm hoping for, but I'm concerned that the Blues might make it further (although not, I think, past the Sharks). The Sharks I'm expecting to go all the way to the final at this point; that last game against the Knights really felt like it should've been the last game of the conference final, not the first round. Given the way things have gone I could very well be wrong, but those definitely looked like the two strongest teams in the west.

Absolutely everything I predicted for the first round was wrong. I am hoping to be less wrong this time.

13 minutes ago, Perspektiv said:

My picks - COL, STL, NYI, and BOS making it to next round. 

COL in 6

STL in 5

NYI in 7

BOS in 6.

No sweeps this round. 

Haha, we picked opposite teams. YOU'RE ON, DUDE! MY PICKS ARE GONNA KICK YOUR PICKS' ASSES! :P

RoseGoesToYale

This is the only time I get to say "Let's go, you jerks!" in a happy context.

RoseGoesToYale

Holy cow, this game... the puck is going literally everywhere except the back of any net!

• 2 weeks later...
Snao Cone

This STL vs DAL game 7 seems pretty intense! 

RoseGoesToYale

You gotta love a goalies' dual. Of course, both Bish and Binnington are thinking "Somebody on my team, just do it!"

On 4/26/2019 at 9:32 AM, Perspektiv said:

My picks - COL, STL, NYI, and BOS making it to next round. 

COL in 6

STL in 5

NYI in 7

BOS in 6.

No sweeps this round. 

I'm actually shocked that NYI got swept. Definitely didn't see that coming. 

Just one accurate prediction (in terms of wins and losses), haha. 

I am confident San Jose wins game 7.

Glad am not a psychic o_O

scarletlatitude

Who's even still in it? I totally stopped paying attention after the first round. :P 

Snao Cone

Carolina vs Boston in the Eastern final

St. Louis vs whoever wins tonight's game (San Jose or Colorado) in the Western final

I'm cheering for San Jose so I can at least get 50% on my predictions.

RoseGoesToYale

Also rooting for Sharks. Had to hunt down their radio stream, NHL seems to have plugged into the MLB feed! :lol:

RoseGoesToYale

Ooh, that sounded nasty for MacKinnon. Announcers are guessing dislocated shoulder.

Snao Cone

Welp, since I picked one of the right teams for each conference final, I'm going to keep cheering for those ones. Let's see if we can get the hockey equivalent of Sharknado in the Stanley Cup Finals this year.

Larkaloke

Definitely hoping for the Sharks to beat the Blues. I don't care much either way who wins between the Bruins and the Hurricanes; at this point, I'm almost expecting the Bruins to sweep the Hurricanes and carry on the general bizzarity that's been that part of the playoffs.

Archived