Aromantic to Romantic?

LilMagpie

Hey!

Hope you're all well..

I have a fairly straight forward question to ask.. is it possible for an Aromantic person to "become" Romantic?

I ask because i have a friend who identified as both Ace and Aro.. however recently she only identifies herself as Ace.

It was quite confusing but i didnt want to ask her as i felt its a bit too personal.

Just wanted to get your opinions on it.

Thanks! :D

My Name is Tobias

Absolutely! 

Romanticism and Sexuality are very fluid, your friend has probably just entered a new stage of her life. And I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you got confirmation as long as you did so respectfully :)

42 minutes ago, My Name is Tobias said:

Absolutely! 

Romanticism and Sexuality are very fluid, your friend has probably just entered a new stage of her life. And I'm sure she wouldn't mind if you got confirmation as long as you did so respectfully :)

Thats really interesting

I honestly had no idea - I only learnt about Ace/Aro in the past 2 years or so and i have a lot to learn still so i apologise for my ignorance

I have no idea how id bring it up tbh haha

17 minutes ago, Winter Spirit ❅ said:

It's also possible that she wasn't really aromantic to begin with, but just never felt romantically toward anyone before this specific person.

We're very open with one another and as far as i know there isnt a specific person.. unless she just hasnt told me (which would hurt a little haha)

Still a very interesting change of events.

I think drifting from an aro to a romantic person is possible. It is just a shift in feelings after all. Since humans evolve and grow in different ways, a shift in beliefs is always on the cards.

Anthracite_Impreza

Yep, I used to think I was aro, don't think I am now.

28 minutes ago, MaxAmoeba said:

I think drifting from an aro to a romantic person is possible. It is just a shift in feelings after all. Since humans evolve and grow in different ways, a shift in beliefs is always on the cards.

19 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Yep, I used to think I was aro, don't think I am now.

Thats really interesting. Thank you all for sharing...

I have a bit of a crush on this girl which is making things awkward for me - She doesnt know that i do.

Anthracite_Impreza

Well it took me about 7 years with my squeeze to actually figure it out, so good luck ;)

28 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Well it took me about 7 years with my squeeze to actually figure it out, so good luck ;)

Sorry whats a squeeze?

I mean we talk alot, we flirt etc. butttt its hard to tell what her intentions are.

Anthracite_Impreza

Squeeze = partner, significant other, bae, QPP, cuddle buddy

I'm not the best to ask tbh, my situation is rather unconventional. Maybe suggest romantic things and see whether she agrees or backs off?

9 minutes ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Squeeze = partner, significant other, bae, QPP, cuddle buddy

I'm not the best to ask tbh, my situation is rather unconventional. Maybe suggest romantic things and see whether she agrees or backs off?

Oh i see that makes sense

Yeah we always talk about cuddling and kissing and spending time together and often say "love you" to each other.. though she seems to have started saying that a bit more recently.

I dont really read into it that much - i could just wait and see what happens? but could miss my chances then too.. all a bit confusing haha

Archived