Need Some Friends and Hi!

CaramelCandy

CaramelCandy

Hello!

I've been lurking here for quite a while now since before I came out. I didn't have the courage to let anyone know that I'm asexual until recently. English is not my first language, so please excuse my grammatical errors lol. I'm never great in introduction but here goes.

A little more about me, I am in a 5 years relationship with a heterosexual guy. I've been pretty successful in avoiding sex so far lol but just recently I came out to him and I had to convince him for a while to make him believe asexual is real and I am an ace. I believe... he accepts me so far. He said we will work it out but I hope he won't try to "fix" me. I know we'll need to compromise but I'm quite nervous how it'll all be. So far it's good because we are in a long distance relationship. I'll see him again pretty soon so I'm pretty anxious about it. Oh and I'm a romantic ace.

Anyway, I've been an ace officially only for couple months and I don't know if this is the right place to say this but I'm desperately in need for an ace friend, or two, or five. It's so hard to find fellow ace where I'm from, or around me really. It would be great to have some ace friends because while my best friends are nice and accepting, there are just some stuffs I can't talk to them without me feeling awkward since they're pretty sexual. I came out to my mom just last night and she thought I needed to get check medically, which is understandable as she knew nothing about asexuality until I told her. I follow some asexual accounts on social media but never have any ace friend, and would be lovely to share feelings and opinions and daily thoughts about what we feel and experience. 

I am an introvert, awkward, talkative when I am comfortable with people. I like watching netflix, playing some quick stress free games when I have free time, staying home, chatting with friends, and doing some other boring stuff. Some of my favorite shows are Brooklyn 99, Santa Clarita Diet, Queer Eye, Dynasty, Modern Family, New Girl, Bojack Horseman, Jane The Virgin, Crazy Ex Girlfriend, Rupaul's Drag Race, All American, The Good Place, AP Bio, and a lot more lol I can go on and on. I'm pretty indoor kind of girl, I like drawing, playing with makeup, hair, nails, and those girly stuff when I have time and in the mood. I enjoy good funny conversations, getting to know people, talk about pretty much anything that comes up (except politics and science-y stuffs lol)... so can we be friends? 

Hello! ❤️ welcome to Aven!! ❤️

Custard Cream

Hello and welcome! 🍰

AllTimeBubble

Welcome to AVEN! Have you seen season 3 of Santa clarita diet? I already watched the entire thing and omg it's incredible GFChocCake.png

nineGardens

Welcome!

*hugs*

Let's be friends.

Also, good luck with the boy situation. Sounds like a tricky juggle. Hope you can make it work.

Hello and welcome :)🍰

That's a good list of shows, I do not know haha feel free to send me a message if you wanna talk tv shows and stuff ^^

I hope you'll find friends here!

Skeletonducky

B99? Good place?

Awesome.

Welcome to Aven! Cake? 🍰

Welcome! I’d recommend checking out the Just for Fun Forum to get to know people more personally ;) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

CaramelCandy
11 hours ago, Serra said:

Hello! ❤️ welcome to Aven!! ❤️

thank you 😊

11 hours ago, CustardCream said:

Hello and welcome! 🍰

thank you 😊

10 hours ago, AllTimeBubble said:

Welcome to AVEN! Have you seen season 3 of Santa clarita diet? I already watched the entire thing and omg it's incredible GFChocCake.png

YES! I have finished season 3 and I just can't wait for the next season but we have to wait for so long again haha we need more episodes in the season!

10 hours ago, nineGardens said:

Welcome!

*hugs*

Let's be friends.

Also, good luck with the boy situation. Sounds like a tricky juggle. Hope you can make it work.

*hugs* thank you and yes let's be friends❤️

thank you I hope I can, it's been giving me anxiety but I'll know for sure when I see him again very soon :( 

9 hours ago, Kahlan said:

Hello and welcome :)🍰

That's a good list of shows, I do not know haha feel free to send me a message if you wanna talk tv shows and stuff ^^

I hope you'll find friends here!

Hi Kahlan. Will do that and thank you ^^

8 hours ago, Skeletonducky said:

B99? Good place?

Awesome.

Welcome to Aven! Cake? 🍰

I love those, and cake! Thank you❤️

5 hours ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! I’d recommend checking out the Just for Fun Forum to get to know people more personally ;) 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Thank you so much, I'll check it out :)

Welcome! My mom was a little overly enthusiastic about my coming out, as if I will suddenly forget that boys are nice. I just might admire them from a reasonable, non-tactile distance for a while. 

NickyTannock

@CaramelCandy A belated welcome to AVEN!

So you say you've been an ace officially only for a couple of months? That's quite a coincidence, as I came out to my Dad a couple of months ago, so I've pretty much only been an ace officially only for a couple of months too, although I've been out online for a lot longer.
I don't know any other Asexuals in real life either, which is why I joined AVEN.

Incidentally, it is a tradition here to welcome new members by offering cake, and here's a Chocolate and Caramel Candy Cake,

24bc4736f9e0bef1f2ac1fdb64cef81a.jpg

alrileythen
13 hours ago, Basrive said:

Welcome! My mom was a little overly enthusiastic about my coming out, as if I will suddenly forget that boys are nice. I just might admire them from a reasonable, non-tactile distance for a while. 

Boys are nice. I'm glad your mom was so supportive, even if it probably feels a little bittersweet.

Welcome Caramel!

KiannaKitter

55882284349405745917.jpg AND 56481850118721742812.jpg

Have some cake from my native land. 

46Flagkage.jpg

AllTimeBubble
On 4/5/2019 at 3:12 AM, CaramelCandy said:

YES! I have finished season 3 and I just can't wait for the next season but we have to wait for so long again haha we need more episodes in the season!

Yessss, I actually cannot wait, its going to be a year again isn't it 😫 you're so right we need more episodes!!!

Welcome! I know how hard it can be to navigate relationships when you're ace. Have some cake!

adm-BrooklynNineNine99thEpisode-BT-069.j 

Hi and welcome! I hope you enjoy the community and make new friends here! Also, I hope everything works out with your partner! I you want to chat - my inbox is always open! 

Now here is a picture of a delicious looking cake as a sign of my welcome! 

Vaizdo rezultatas pagal užklausÄ âcakeâ

WELCOME! Here is some cake 🎂🎂🎂  I’m so sorry that you have a situation with your man, but it seems like he is understanding and that he will want to make it work! Hope everything goes well 😊 I’m also in this situation to a degree. I was in a relationship with a man for a bit and we ended up just being friends because he wanted to be more sexually active and I couldn’t give him that. For the longest time I thought something was wrong with me, but there isn’t. I’m just part of this amazing community that not everyone understands. I identify myself as a heteroromantic asexual. I’m currently in the process of trying to come out to my ex so that he understands why I did what I did. I would love to be one of your ace friends, if you let me 😁 Also JANE THE VIRGIN is in its last season 😭😪 which team are you on??? 👀 

Katarina Gertje

HI! Hate to hear that you're having all these fears. Hope everything works out. This is a great place to meet people you relate to. I'd love to chat (you honestly had me at Queer Eye), but I don't know about how you'd feel about a possibly somewhat large age difference. For now, though, here's some cake!

Image result for cake

Archived