Re-running the 20/20 episode

Cate Perfect

Oh if I had an upstairs neighbor to fence with, that'd be awesome...

Not to worry Charliepyro---there's hope! I looked for 10 years to find people to fence with. When my upstairs neighbors moved in, they came down to see my parrots---and then saw my fencing gear. They picked up my foils and just started to do the 'slice and dice' thing. I kept trying to teach them the rules---but they just wanted to "play". I now insist that they at least follow minimal rules---such as proper stance, target area, advance/retreat/honor, etc. They still don't quite get the "physical chess" part of it....but hey----it's better than nothing!

Very happy to find another fencer here on Aven(!)----but I'm getting OT, as this is the 20/20 thread.....

Tikva

(btw---I only do foil--never tried sabre, etc....but wouldn't mind trying).

(Although I'm a bit confused. The segment said Winter had never had a bf before---but I was under the impression that she had been married before----to Keith. Maybe I'm just out of the loop and what I read was just joking....I dunno----I'm just clueless!)

Tikva

hee hee. it's a long-standing joke between me and keef that we were married and didn't know it. he will forever (and affectionately) be my ex-husband.

We always won. But, now, others are getting the clues.

Truly a win-win. Goodness knows that I've won the best prize of all. . . 8)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww ... :oops:

*beep*

:D

-GB

DAWWWWW

I love the sop. (When it's my friends doing the soppin' anyway.)

*beep*

-GB

*beep*!

*beepbeep*!

(Hey! An inside joke!)

*sops some more*

(Although I'm a bit confused. The segment said Winter had never had a bf before---but I was under the impression that she had been married before----to Keith. Maybe I'm just out of the loop and what I read was just joking....I dunno----I'm just clueless!)

Tikva

hee hee. it's a long-standing joke between me and keef that we were married and didn't know it. he will forever (and affectionately) be my ex-husband.

LOL! Thanx for clearing that up for me! And,

Awwwwwww :D

Tikva

PS----Congratulations!!!! I'm soooo happy for you and Paul!!! I wish many great times and happy memories for you both! ( Well. Actually, I mean you 'quadruplet'. Let's see if I get this straight. You have never had a bf. Howerever, your ex-husband is now with GB, (Blessings from the 'Spirit of All', to them!) Okaaaaay. You and Paul, another Avenite, are now together. I don't watch soap operas, so this is....anyway.....I love it!

Tikva

Ah, yes.....this is getting very interesting. However, I think the people involved are way too intelligent to be 'soap op' material!!

But, it's still fun, here on this forum, to see, "As Aven Turns"...... :D

And their stories give the rest of us HOPE!!!!

That's the most important thing. HOPE!

Tikva

The Evil Cashew

Tikva

aren;t i your kid or something? did you forget me in canada again winter?

sheesh

~Cashew

You know, you might be our child.

I would be able to tell you if I didn't have ... *camera zooms in on Keith* AMNESIA! *music swells*

*cut to commercial*

Mothers, you know how hard it is to keep your whites their whitest, that's why you need. . . .

"So... does anyone in this room NOT have amnesia?"

Amazingly, every person I asked to tape the show ... didn't. So I haven't seen it nor do I have a copy.

Did Hu wind up taping/digitising it?

I have it taped, but I have no way to rip it onto my hard drive (I understand that some specialized software is needed to do this), so I cannot digitize it. But I could mail you a copy. . . .

Yaaay!

*likes that show if she's actually matching the quote up with the show, which she hardly ever does correctly*

Yaaay!

*likes that show if she's actually matching the quote up with the show, which she hardly ever does correctly*

When you hear what I have to say, you might well have a case of explosive amnesia!

Yaaay!

When you hear what I have to say, you might well have a case of explosive amnesia!

The secret is... *shuts down*

Live R Perfect
I have it taped, but I have no way to rip it onto my hard drive (I understand that some specialized software is needed to do this), so I cannot digitize it. But I could mail you a copy. . . .

YES! We have digitizer! We make digital copy! We share digital copy and everyone happy! :wink:

I will place a copy, then, in the care package which will -- I PROMISE! -- be shortly leaving -- I SWEAR! -- my home for yours -- HONESTLY!

Of course, there will be another item or two in there, as well. . . .

*makes note to actually do this, as opposed to just plan to do it*

The producer is sending a VHS of the show to me and I can digitise it. The problem is, my digital rips are always huge files. If someone can tell me how to make it smaller I'd appreciate it.

paul doesn't have it. he wants to replace the version on youtube when we get a new copy up.

i like this version better. it's all happy and stuuff :)

and tikva - thanks!

Beelzebuddy is sending me a DVD copy in the mail. If I receive that and can successfully rip it before anyone else gets it up, I shall upload.

Sooner or later, we'll get this sucker online.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if the 20/20 episode is available online now. Anyone know what's happened?

Or maybe I missed some other thread?

There are embedded YouTube videos of all the visibility TV stuff

HERE

The one on the media page looks like the old one, though. It's still all "oh noes K & V arnt rilly asekshul!!" and there are no relationship updates or pics of Keef 2.0. :?

Oh phooey. And I have a copy of the episode on tape now. I'd completely forgotten.

I'll digitise it and have K put it on YouTube.

woohoo! Thankee. And maybe poke someone with keys to static content when you do, so it can get added.

(I was thinking it could replace the earlier one, but now I think it'd be interesting to have them both as a way to see how attitudes about asexuality might be changing. Except I don't really know because I haven't seeeeen it yet :P)

Lookin' forward to it.

Archived