Re-running the 20/20 episode

Cate Perfect

Adventuress Heart

Awwwwww I almost fainted when I heard it was on, unfortuntely after I asked my sister if we got channel 7 she said it isn't clear at all.

Ok, I feel abit better now knowing that even if I wanted to watch it I couldn't.

Thanks Cashew

Now, anyone recorded it and put it online?

THey pretty much ran the same squence as they did last time.. cept that shortly after they did the part where cate and liv talk about their "experience under the covers" they say something like "they are now married ahd have tried sex just once and don't feel the need to do it again. they still consider themselves asexual"

and then they do the rest of the old clip

Thank you for posting that, Cash, I was really curious how they handled it. I haven't seen it yet because I don't have TV--I have some people taping it and I'll digitise it when I get the tapes. Anyone else able to digitise it?

And phooey to not saying winter met her guy here!!

(Please tell me they removed the bit about us leaving and walking away. I hated that part.)

They did remove that part, Cate.

And, they did mention that Paul was another member of the site. . . . But not very prominently. . . . The picha of SkinnyKeith was kinda blurry and hard to see, too. Boo.

YAY for removing that part.

Boo to not making a big deal about Paul.

MAJOR boo about blurry Keef.

A friend of mine just told me about the show (and this website). If anyone finds the show online I'd love to watch it. BTW, hi.. I'm new

Hi, Wicked, welcome to AVEN! (It's Victoria from the show.)

Love your av!

Was your friend supportive?

And phooey to not saying winter met her guy here!!

I thought they did say Winter met a guy through the website. Did I hear wrong?

No, you heard correctly. They mentioned winter and Hu in the updates at the end of the segment.

I don't know if I want to see, ghosts.

It's just one person saying that they're asexual- I skimmed through it... But there is a "We're probably more evolved." UGH, that's not gonna go over well.

I knooooooo-OOOOOOOWW. :D

Innit sweeeeeet?

:D

Ooooooooooh, Greybird has a boooooyfriend......

Hey! Wait! You stop talking about Greybi --

Oh. Wait.

Yes, I suppose she does, doesn't she? :roll: :D

Actually, I was, by far, more pleased with this version of the story -- and not just because of that announcement. This version was subtly more empowering than the other one was -- and ends on a note which doesn't seem to imply that we are just making it all up.

Amen to that. As soon as I can get ahold of a digital copy I'm replacing the old one on YouTube. It's funny, really, how well everything worked out; instead of showing us as deluded, it now shows that we're simply open-minded and willing to experiment. The amoebas win again!

We always won. But, now, others are getting the clues.

Truly a win-win. Goodness knows that I've won the best prize of all. . . 8)

Dawwww.

And yay for us winning this time, round!

Paul, you're coming to meet Gail, right? I can't remember who I've asked...you, too, Keef?

Oh, yes. I will be there. Something about lunch, is that right?

Did anyone mention to her the ... ah, less than thrilled-ness with which we greeted the last version? If not, I am kind of wondering what inspired the subtle -- but sweeping! -- changes to this second version. . . ..

Glad to hear it all went well guys and that the update did you justice :D

Though blurry Keith? That's not right.

I'm sure I'll be there. I tend to be around for these things, especially when there's food involved.

Ooooooooooh, Greybird has a boooooyfriend......

Hey! Wait! You stop talking about Greybi --

Oh. Wait.

Yes, I suppose she does, doesn't she? :roll: :D

Hee hee

Gbird and Kbird sitting in a tree. . .

Actually, I was, by far, more pleased with this version of the story -- and not just because of that announcement. This version was subtly more empowering than the other one was -- and ends on a note which doesn't seem to imply that we are just making it all up.

Excellent!! That's what I want to hear. (Haven't seen the new one yet)

I do wonder what precipitated the change. I hope this version becomes the default if they decide to run it yet again. . .

Anyway, go team amoeba! Three cheers for all our celebrity AVENites :P

I missed the first few minutes of the show 'cuz I was busy fencing with my upstairs neighbors. I suddenly realized the time and quickly threw down my foil and said, "Gotta go watch TV!" (They thought that was kind of weird as they are all early twenties and just figured my statement was an "older person thing..")

Anyway, I very much liked this segment better than the original. I also liked the fact that the "sex expert" appeared like a dim-wit, with way too much make-up. What a moron. Her glorification of sex, intended to make asexuals appear to be in denial, just made her seem pathetic. But, of course, it's her "job" to make everyone drool over sex. As more and more of us "come out" it makes all her statements moot---and she doesn't want to end up in the unemployment line.

Gonna check if it's on again tonite in another format. Wish I could view 'youtube', but I can't with this dial-up 'puter, (which is on it's way down :( .

I didn't know Cate and Karl got married already in May! I thought it wasn't 'til Sept. Anyway, Congrats to you!!!

Also, very happy to hear about GB and Keith! All the very best to you both! You give me hope!

Also, congrats to Winter and Paul. All the best to you too! (Although I'm a bit confused. The segment said Winter had never had a bf before---but I was under the impression that she had been married before----to Keith. Maybe I'm just out of the loop and what I read was just joking....I dunno----I'm just clueless!)

Tikva

Oh if I had an upstairs neighbor to fence with, that'd be awesome...

Archived