• 2 museums
    • 3 museums
    • 4 museums
    • 5 museums
    • 6 - 7 museums
    • 8 - 10 museums
    • 11 - 15 museums
    • 16 or more museums
  3. 3. Approximately what distance from where you lived at the time, was the museums you visited in the last 3 years

• In the town/city/nearest place that i live
    • within 25 miles of where i live
    • 26 - 50 miles of where i live
    • 51 - 100 miles of where i live
    • 101 - 200 miles of where i live
    • over 200 miles from where i live (my own country)
    • In another country bordering my country
    • In another country that my country does not border
    • have not been to a museum in the last 3 years
  4. 4. Have you been to the same museum more than once in the last 3 years

• Yes
    • No but have visited museums
    • No as I have not visited any museums in the last three years
  5. 5. Where a museum has a recommended donation, what do you do?

• Usually give the recommended donation
    • Usually give more than the recommended donation
    • I usually give but usually less than the recommended donation
    • I don't give a donation usually
    • I don't go to museums
    • I usually go to the paid entrance fee museums rather than free museums
    • other - please state
  6. 6. what type of museums have you visited in the last 3 years

• Farm/rural life museum
    • heritage centre
    • natural history / animal
    • war museum
    • wax museum
    • culture museum
    • maritime museum
    • science museum
    • toy museum
    • transport museum
    • technology museum
    • palace museum
    • decorative arts museum
    • archaeology
    • city/town museum for life inthe place
    • print museum
    • history museum
    • art museums
    • another type of museum
    • have not been to a museum in the last three years
  7. 7. Why did you visit the museums?

• AVEN Meets
    • school trip / assignment
    • visiting place on holiday
    • spare time with nothing to do
    • they are really cool
    • why not?
    • exhibition on that i wanted to see
    • friend wanted to go
    • other reason - please state
    • have not been to a museum in the last 3 years
    • family wanted to go
  8. 8. after taking this poll, are you inspired to go to a museum

• Yes, take me there right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Yes but will think
    • No, I am always inspired to go to the museum
    • Yes, maybe stop this long period of over 3 years of not visiting museum. Too long it has been
    • No, I'm good not visiting museums any time soon
    • I'll think about
    • Other - please state

This poll is closed to new votes

as part of the census archive, census polls are archived and starters are encouraged to start them again, this for historical records is a repeat of a 2017 census poll

my own answers

1) yes i have

2) the museums i can remember are natural history, archaeology/history museum, military & decorative arts, national print museum, irish emigration museum and the little museum of dublin.

3) they were all in dublin so 26 - 50 miles. Need to get out further.

4) yes, i go the natural history once a year, been to the archaeology/history twice in three years and the science gallery three times as they do specific exhibitions rather than permanent exhibitions. their one on intimacy was very good. the last two times i went there, it happened that one was the last week of an exhibition and the next time i was in dublin was the first week of a new exhibition so it worked out well.

5) usually i give the recomended donation as long as it is within reason. Sometimes though I might just get stuff in the gift shop and put the change in the box for donations.

6) what i said in answer 2

7) they are really cool, exhibition on that i wanted to see (the print museum had an exhibition on the irish sufragette movement when i visited it and that was the reason i went., and sometimes with nothing else to do

8) shame they tend to be closed on mondays as that is the next time I am up in dublin ;)

Most of the time when I go to museums, which I love to do, is when I am on holiday in another town or country. I don't know if there are many good museums near where I currently live. If I had to choose my favorite type of museum it would probably be natural history, but I like many other types, too.

I have been to some quirky museums, like the penis museum in Reykjavik, and a death museum in New Orleans. I've also been to several science/exploratorium kinds of museums. Which often seem to have butterfly encounter rooms. I've been to art museums, local culture and history museums, special exhibits on steampunk, and other types of exhibits. I also love visiting botanical gardens and zoos.

Anthracite_Impreza

I guessed about 4, but I'm not 100%. I've been to Ashworth Barracks, Science and NHM in London and of course, National Railway Museum in York. I also work on a heritage railway in a heritage centre, but I didn't know if that counted.

Slice of Ace

I had quite a few guesses in this poll, but I think I answered mostly truthfully. I've been to a couple in London, the Louvre (oops, forgot about that one when I was filling out the poll), the JUSTICE museum with a Nottingham AVEN meet, and the National Museum of Scotland in Edinburgh. That last one is great, and I'll be going back to have another look around in a couple of weeks!

🤪🤪 MUSEUMS!!!!! 🤪🤪

2 hours ago, daveb said:

I have been to some quirky museums

I went to a torture museum in St Petersburg. There were tannoys playing sounds of people screaming and rattling chains. Nice, innit?

NickyTannock

I haven't been to a Museum in the last three years, despite wanting to.

Visited several museums, for various reasons, usually on an AVEN meet. What I give varies according to how much I feel they merit, but if its ever nothing it's either state subsidised or a genuine oversight 

Alawyn-Aebt

I love museums. I have been to so many of so many different topics (although so far only within the USA, so no international museums yet).

Living close to DC gives you dozens upon dozens of museums, from the Smithsonians to the more meager local museum. There are probably 50+ quality museums within 2 hours from where I live, now not all are world-class, but even small museums can be amazing.

My only problem is I prefer to go with people because my brain erupts with solutions to problems when at museums. Having someone there to both bounce ideas off of and to relay obscure trivial facts is great, but due partially of this lack of companionship I don't go as much as I would like to.

Grumpy Alien

I couldn’t even tell you how many museums in even the last year 😳

I work at a museum, so I don't think I could answer this poll without bias (especially questions #4 & #5). xD

One of the perks of the museum I work at is that we're part of a network of other museums, which means I can get into the other in-network museums for free! I just... need to set aside some time to actually do it, haha. 

a lot of no not in the past 3 years, I try to give more than recommended if I have money, and I'm not swayed to go visit one currently for other reasons

SpaceDustbin

I usually always visit at least 1 museum when I'm abroad, and always try to catch the local archaeology, art or natural history museum. I love to see how different museums and different countries display their collections, from old and dusty to interactive.

Most museums I've been to have paid entrance, but when it's free, I do leave a donation.

Oh, I love museums.

Especially art museums. But wouldn't they count as 'culture museums' as well? This term confused me a bit, to be honest.

I can’t remember every single museum I’ve been to in the past 3 years lol there were a lot

• 11 months later...

@iff

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived