Is it wrong to want to stay a virgin forever?

Guest iwanttolearn

Hello, how is everyone?

so many people make dying a virgin seem like such a bad thing and I’m here hoping that could happen to me...

can anyone else relate? I think, I’m not sure, but I might actually be sex-repulsed or sex aversive too, I just never ever want to do it..I can’t even and don’t even want to imagine or think of myself doing it...

Please let’s discuss about this... :)

Totally_Neutral

i can relate, ive never wanted to as well

• Like 1
NickyTannock

I'm now 33, and I've never had or desired sex, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

• Like 10

For sexual people it would be stressful to never have sex (i guess). But if you can live a full and happy life without it, than it's fine!

And yeah, I wouldn't say I'm completely repulsed by sex. I just don't see the fun in it...

• Like 5

I can also relate and I'm totally fine with dying as a virgin. Sex is only one insignificant thing among many other things that I haven't done. If I would have made a list about all the thing that I haven't done yet, it would be pretty long. So why would that one thing overly important? I see nothing wrong with dying as a virgin. My tombstone will certainly not be carved with the banner:"still a virgin". It doesn't bother me but I feel that it would bother others if they knew about it.

I am 25, and I am totally fine with being a virgin for the rest of my life because I have many goals in life that would be hindered if I had a family and other typical societal norms.. Besides, What's normal anyway? 

• Like 12

47, and still a virgin. I see no reason why this won't change 

• Like 14

You don't have to do anything you don't want to! I PROMISE, it's ok to not want sex. You are not broken, bad, or a let down. You are not missing out if you don't want to do it. To say that you are missing out on something great would be like saying to a person who gets motion sick "oh but you're missing out! Boating is so fun!" All they're missing is a bad time, and if they don't go on the boat, they're probably doing something they'd much rather do. And while some people love boating, it's not for everyone. Just like it's ok to not like boating, or have a desire to go boating, it's ok to not have sex or to desire it ❤️ 

• Like 28
Totally_Neutral

i swear to god you are the sweetest person in the world

I could have easily still been a virgin and I would have been quite happy about it because having sex did not improve my life. Anyone who thinks they are asexual shouldn't feel pressured into having sex because they will find it to be as dull as watching paint dry. 

• Like 6
andreas1033

I am glad i stayed a virgin, and will stay one till i die.

For people that are asexuals, timing is important thing, and thankfully the years when it may of changed has long gone.

Other people in my life, have a problem with me staying a virgin, and it should of been only my business. I am glad no female will ever be in a position again, to make me consider about it.

I am 43 now, and as far as i am concerned, any chance a female could of changed my future ended at the turn of the century.

I am glad, and thankfully the nonsense in my life, is just in there heads, not mine.

• Like 2
RoseGoesToYale

I don't really believe in a concept of "virginity". I see no difference between someone who has had sex and someone who hasn't, just like I see no difference between someone who has gone skydiving and someone who hasn't. I don't really care which condition I go to my grave in, but if I go my whole life without ever having sex, I'm pretty cool with that.

• Like 15
EngineeRaven

Yes. I relate so much. I mean when there's no chance of getting laid, I'm usually like yeah, it's no big deal, I probably could do it, even if I don't need it.

And then I'm in a relationship, and nope, nope, noooo way. I'll keep my body parts to myself, thanks.

• Like 4
Captain Jay

I'm sure you'll be fine. The idea that sex isn't desired by everyone is basically the thesis of this site, after all.

(For me, it feels like something I might try out of curiosity... if that.)

• Like 6
ZinxtheJinx

Sex is not even that big of a deal, yet I´ve heard many Sexuals making fun of others for still being virgins.  At the same time if you do have sex, your a slut or a male-equivalent of a slut so really there is no win-win.

Being a virgin shouldn´t be seen as something to be ashamed of. It should be treated as normal.

• Like 8

Nope nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 5

I'm 61.5 years old and have never had sex of any kind. No idea of what romance or "making out" is. Never felt there was anything wrong with me. I just made a choice and its not hurting anybody. Well maybe anybody who might develop a strong desire to have sex with me. He loves her and she loves the other guy and I love absolutely nobody. Shakespeare's plays are full of these situations. That's life, so grow up and accept what being an adult entails at times. I doubt I've broken any hearts, though. If I die blind to sex its of no concern. Have I really missed anything? I only mind missing the bus.  

• Like 7
Anthracite_Impreza

Why exactly would it be wrong?

• Like 5

Yeah, virgin here, doesn't really bother me. I mean, occasionally I get curious but nah, it doesn't interest me.  

• Like 3
Strange But Not a Stranger

38 And counting. And I really don't care. Why would I do something I don't feel any need for? It's like going bungee jumping, because, well, I haven't bungee jumped yet.

To be honest, I have always found the concept of virginity a bit silly. Like you are a lesser person because you haven't had sex? It's silly. I really don't care what someone has done or has not done sexually.

• Like 5

I'm right there with you. 

Don't let people pressure you into doing something you don't want to do, and don't let other people decide for you what it is that you want. They are not in your brain, you are ❤️

To be honest I think we should retire the word 'virgin'. It is such a loaded word. It doesn't do anyone any favors. It carries notions of 'purity'  for some and 'immaturity'  for others, but neither of those things should have anything to do with whether you've had sex or not. Also, notice how now matter whether you choose to have sex or not, there will always be some people who find fault with your choice.

If we just stopped using the word 'virgin'  altogether and just said 'I've never had sex' , 'I've had sex before', 'I don't want to have sex', 'I do want to have sex', all of that sounds less extreme and less morally loaded than if we'd used the word 'virgin'. So yeah that's my two cents.

• Like 10
Divide By Zero

I'm keeping my v card for the rest of my life

• Like 4
Galactic Turtle

Once someone asked me why I'd never had any "encounters" and I just said "I forgot to get around to it... and I will keep forgetting.... until I die."

• Like 6

It's totally fine to never have sex. People make it a big deal, but really, it's not. It's your life, you do what you want to do with it. People may complain and whine to you, but at the end of the day, it's your choice. Personally, I'm repulsed at the idea of having sex with someone, so I'll probably die a virgin. I'm cool with that, though. 

• Like 3