Poly-romantic aces?

LiteratureNerd

LiteratureNerd

I was wondering if anyone else identifies as poly and ace? I am just feeling a bit alone after someone I am sort of close with tried to *tell* me about how being poly is a lifestyle. At least for me, it is not a choice, it is just a thing that I am the same way that I am pan-romantic. 

Do you mean polyamorous? Then I am. I've also heard of polysexual as being sexually attracted to many genders and first assumed you referred with poly romantic to being romantically attracted to many genders. On reading a second time I am not sure.

LiteratureNerd

@Bloc, I meant polyamorous. I think pan-sexual is a more commonly used term for being interested in people across the gender spectrum.

I’m a bi ace in a monogamous relationship with a heterosexual woman.

I am polyamorous in theory; I can easily be in love with more than one person at the same time and form close non-sexual relationships with several people.

I am open to being in a polyamorous relationship with people of different orientations, where I get to hug and love everyone and they get to relieve each other’s sexual needs.

My partner is firmly against that kind of relationship, so I remain monogamous.

I’d never thought of it as something I fundamentally am (like ace), but I see where you’re coming from.

Just like how to me it feels completely natural to find both men and women attractive, it also feels natural to be attracted to more than one person at any one time. To be clear I don’t mean this in a sleaze bag sleeping around kind of way (especially being ace); I genuinely feel the capacity to honestly love more than one special person.

I’m going to give this some more thought 🙂

@LiteratureNerd Can you relate to what I wrote?

LiteratureNerd

@TrippleL Yes, I can relate to what you wrote, especially: 

On 4/2/2019 at 1:18 PM, TrippleL said:

I genuinely feel the capacity to honestly love more than one special person.

I am currently in a poly relationship and it just feels right. In some ways, I think realizing that I am poly and ace has just made me appreciate a whole range of non-sexual relationships more. It make me want to put more effort into friendships because I don't care about sleeping around, I just want to hug people and and be part of a larger support network. Does that make sense? I haven't had my tea yet for the day.

2 hours ago, LiteratureNerd said:

@TrippleL Yes, I can relate to what you wrote, especially: 

I am currently in a poly relationship and it just feels right. In some ways, I think realizing that I am poly and ace has just made me appreciate a whole range of non-sexual relationships more. It make me want to put more effort into friendships because I don't care about sleeping around, I just want to hug people and and be part of a larger support network. Does that make sense? I haven't had my tea yet for the day.

It just feels right at least for me and you. Every connection is unique. There are so many ways to build intimacy in a relationship. One thing polyamory encourages is to think about how you want to build your relationships and what types of intimacy they include. I don't care about sleeping around, but I am a cuddle slut ;) Loving multiple people and being loved by them feels really good.

Archived