Confused on my orientation?

Cosmos85

Most of my life, I've never really been attracted to anyone. Maybe a few male crushes here and there when I was much much younger that didn't last long, it was never anything big. Don't know if those were even "crushes". 

When I got older, crushes and attraction was something completely irrelevant to me. I know I'm Ace now, but for a while, I thought I was aromantic, and relationships were not my thing. 

I felt content with not having a partner.

It wasn't something I was actively looking for.  

I feel like I have to get to know the person for a while, and build a bond with them before I even start a relationship ofc. 

And I don't Just look at people and go like "oh yeah I'd date them." Or "wow they are hot." So, I suppose I never thought much about it. Thought I just wasn't able to like anyone because of such. 

I don't get those feelings. 

It doesn't make sense to me. Never has. 

Thought I could just never develop feelings for anyone at all. 

I still don't rly feel attraction the same as some others might, but anyways, I started developing feelings for Someone. A girl! (She's Trans btw. Idk If this information is necessary but I'm adding it anyways.)

I started having feelings for her, ofc after a while of getting to know her.

I just... Idk my feelings happened and I just wanted to be with her. 

It was hard for me to accept my feelings for quite a while, it was alot to take in. But I finally told her and well now, she's my girlfriend. And, I love her with all my heart and can't imagine being with anyone else but her. ❤️

But anyways, I'm just confused on what I am. 

Biromantic? Panromantic? Demiromantic? 

Or something else? 

It's all just confusing to me. 

I don't identify as straight- clearly. 

But I also don't identify as lesbian. 

For a while I wanted to go without a label at all, and just go by "I love who I love." 

But I feel it only makes things more complicated if I ever need to explain it to someone in the future. Especially my dad who knows nothing about this. That I know of at least. 

If I could get some help, that'd be very much appreciated 💕🙇

If you knew all your crushes before, probably demiro

If all else fails, you could go with sapphic (can be used for any wlw attraction, even bi/pan)

Good luck on finding your identity!!

Demiromantic or grayromantic seem like the closest fits just based on what you've shared--demi if you think it specifically think your crushes depend on getting to know someone well, and gray if you think that it's more just a rare occurrence for you. And then if you want to also identify with biromantic or panromantic to clarify that you can go either way, then go for it! (And as to bi versus pan, it's really up to which one you feel fits you better.)

Archived