What does sexual attraction feel like to you?

Pegasus9000

Pegasus9000

For those who have experienced sexual attraction, what does it feel like and do you want to have sex with them or have sexual fantasies about them?

Anime Pancake

Disclaimer, sexual content

Im asexual (in my opinion) when I dont masturbate though I get sexual desires, wanting to have sex with a woman.

I would say it feels like I need to release the tension in my body and I want to do that with a woman. Just like if my ear is itching and I cant scratch it

everywhere and nowhere

Reposting from the other topic because the topic is unfortunately double:

To me it is precisely just about fantasies. For me sexual atraction and sexual desire can be decoupled and I can experience the former, but not the latter. I'm probably not asexual sensu stricto, but I'm both autochorissexual and sex-averse... and this is the result. I simply can't want to have sex with anyone because the idea of personally doing it feels so frightening and distressing to me that I feel short of breath if trying to imagine it.

6 hours ago, Anime Pancake said:

Just like if my ear is itching and I cant scratch it

You know I described it to my counselor almost the same way, "it's like an itch you've got to scratch". It's a chore but still a release. I've never looked at someone and thought I want sex with them, but I've certainly experienced (am experiencing) attraction for someone. I want to spend time with them, make them happy, share what I enjoy with them, and share what they enjoy with me! But at the same time, there is just no sexual element to it at all...

Sexual atttraction for me is for my spouse only. It involves a desire for sexual activities with her, sexual fantasies sometimes. Mostly just when we are together, sometimes I want to take things into the sexual realm and thus it leads to initiating because she arouses that desire in me. Fantasies only really come into play if we are apart and then I cant do anything with her IRL, so I think about her and things we do together. 

It never has been really I see her and want to pounce on her. Though, I do appreciate her looks and if she wears something nice or changes in front of me it can be a bit distracting. 

Well, for me it’s not much about an itch… It’s more about looking at my partner and relieving the memory of great pleasure. It’s like looking at your favorite treat and remembering how tasty in was. Naturally, you want more. So, for me it’s more like hunger – sometimes I’m not hungry at all, but occasionally this is all I can think about.

nineGardens

Hell... trying to figure out if I remember.

*Mild sexual content, because that is what the question asked*

It feels like seeing someone I trust, and knowing that I'll want to hug her, to feel that warmth.

And knowing that once I hug her, I'm going to want to kiss her. *bip*, right on top of that forehead.

And... knowing that once I kiss her, I'm going to want to squeeze her tight, going to want to feel the power in her arms as she squishes me in turn.

And once we squish each other, I'm going to want....

And, well you get the idea.

Not having any of the wants in advance, but just being able to see them, lined up one after the other, all the way to that final want, where she feels something good, and I want... just this. Only this.

This is enough.

That, or wanting to own one another, to belong to one another, to possess, and be possessed in turn, wanting to feel the fire in that other person, the strength in their arms, in their voice, to watch them give themselves away, this weird swirly mix of power and vulnerability on both sides. A desire to feel the other persons weight, not just hear their voice, but to have proof that they are here, RIGHT HERE, something solid, heavy, warm, powerful.

I'm not asexual but I only experience very limited sexual attraction (have only to one person, my current partner).

It's hard to explain it, because I can't really separate the sexual attraction from the other reasons that I love him.  I don't look at him and think "man, I need to give you/ have you give me an orgasm this instant." It isn't release that I crave, it's closeness. I mostly want to feel him, his warmth, his weight, and listen to his heart beat and to his breathing, and to have his arms around me and to have my arms around him and just to know he's, like, real, if that makes sense. Just knowing he's here. And, yeah, I want to give him everything, which means (for me) sharing myself with him in a way that is completely and utterly unique to us. It's weird because it is an attraction, for sure, and it gets described colloquially as "wanting" someone - like "I want him," but the reality is I want to give myself to him. But not in a way that gives myself away. Rather, we get to share. It's a oneness.

Anyway, I've never felt that way before. And I mean, there is definitely a component of being physically attracted to him too, for sure. He is definitely a good-lookin' dude. But the whole wanting to share myself thing is because of who he is in his entirety.

I think if I keep going I'm gonna make us all blush so I'll stop here.

Archived