I am ace and my feelings are valid (may be tmi)

krissyrrrose

krissyrrrose

So I had trouble sorting through my feelings two christmases ago and wrote this. Wanted to share with a community that would understand. Thanks in advance for reading~

I am ace and my feelings are valid. 

No, it's not an excuse to get you to stop hitting on me, touching me or making advances. It's not because I'm "being a tease" or trying to avoid you. 

It's not because I want attention, or to be "part of the fad." LGTBQIA+ encapsulates so many gender identities and sexual orientations. Asexuality is part of that and it is REAL. 

It's not me declaring something just because I "haven't found the one yet." I may or may not find a companion I want to spend my life with. I may or may not have sexual intercourse with this hypothetical partner. But you know what? That's none of your business unless you ask and/or I decide to share. 

I feel no sexual or romantic attraction to people regardless of gender/identity. Even if I admit someone is "attractive" I am not commenting on them in a sexual or romantic way. People can be aesthetically pleasing to look at. The human form is one of my favorite things to draw, because it is interesting in an artistic sense. The way that fat bunches up, how skin hangs, the way light and shadow follow curves, slants and angles. You can appreciate a person for their unique beauty without wanting to fuck them. 

I should not have to explain myself. I should not be guilted into feeling bad because I can't or don't reciprocate your feelings. Many people on the sexual and identity spectrum have enough issues. Please don't add to it if you can help it. I've struggled with finding myself as a person all my life, and now that I've found a niche that I fit in, that I BELONG to, you could simply continue to give me the love and support I've had from you up until this point. Just because I've come out, doesn't mean I'm a totally different person. I am still me, just a more sure me, and you should be happy for that right? 

"But are you really ace? You told me you masturbated." The validity of my sexual orientation and identity should not be put on trial because you don't understand it. Ask questions. Get informed. Don't put me down because you don't get it. For me personally, I masturbate because the endorphins released relieve stress. Sometimes it's right before my period when my hormones are already heightened. Just because my body wants sexual interactions, does not mean that my mind does. Intimacy with another person scares me and makes me very uncomfortable. But masturbating with a vibrator? Not so much. 

I am a person. I am fluid and changing. But I have come to learn so much about myself in the time I've been living alone, away from family and friends. Away from places and people familiar to me. I've have to learn about new places and people. And I've had to learn about myself. I've learned so much and though it has been a trial, I am coming to know myself so much better than I did before. I'm even starting to love myself because I'm getting to know her better now that she's all I have. 

Whoever you are, however you identify yourself YOU ARE VALID. As are your feelings, your situations, your sense of YOU. 

Please, find it in yourself to LOVE yourself and work on turning that love outward (or turn your outward love inward, depending on your feelings now). 

That's all I have on my mind for now. I just needed to get it out as I had a stressful evening. If you have read this, please add onto it with your own works. And add resources for LGTBQIA+ individuals.

Thank you !!!! Precisely everything that has been going on in my mind. 

I think I should just print this out and start handing them out to people around me !!! 😀😜

everywhere and nowhere
1 hour ago, krissyrrrose said:

Please, find it in yourself to LOVE yourself and work on turning that love outward (or turn your outward love inward, depending on your feelings now). 

It's also OK to "just" respect oneself.

Totally_Neutral

you are a complete genius 👏

ChaoticHetergenousMixture

Truly, I need to put this on a t-shirt.!

I agree with everything you said. Thankfully, we aces are gaining more visibility. I checked out the Trevor Project website and we are included! There are days when I feel slightly unhappy, but I know not to take things personally and to strive for visibility. 

https://www.thetrevorproject.org/trvr_support_center/asexual/#sm.0001thku60gte1j10ho2p4gtq4ou0

Archived