Cishet actually mean?

MoraDollie

Cishet used to mean "cisgender heteroromantic asexual" but Tumblr seemed to make change to "cisgender heterosexual any romantic orientation" or "cisgender heteroromantic any sexual orientation"

So my question is this, what the hell does "cishet" actually mean now ????

Hmm. I always thought it meant "cisgender heterosexual", or in other words, what the largest percentage of people are (not necessarily the majority, but the biggest "group"). 

firewallflower

Hmm... I always understood "cishet" as a portmanteau of "cisgender heterosexual" - that is, non-LGBTQ+. I'm aware that there's a debate over whether cisgender heteroromantic asexuals are or are not "cishet," but this is the first I've heard of that being the group the term originally referred to. So, IDK.

Edit: Oops, @daveb got there first. What he said. :ph34r:

Also always assumed it meant cisgender heterosexual, as in the most typical sort of people.

Cishet could mean cis and hetero-orientated based on direction of all attraction together. To be honest, there isn't a solid difference between a heteroromantic asexual and heterosexuals. Two people with those id could be one and the same.

Luftschlosseule

Another one who thought it meant cis and hetero.
Also, just a thought, could you change to the title maybe to Cishet actually meaning or something like that? I thought you were ranting about a mean cishet peson.

Sweet Potato

Cishet =  cisgender Heterosexual aka straight. 
Cishet asexual/cishet ace = cisgender, heteroromantic asexual.

it's not generally used to describe other types of attraction. 

I’ve always seen it used to mean cisgender (as in, not transgender) heterosexual as well.

I mean, I’ve occasionally seen ace people on AVEN refer to themselves as cishet rather than cishet ace but I’ve never seen it used that way outside this space.

I would much prefer if "cishet" by itself only referred to cisgender, heteroromantic, heterosexual all together. I wouldn't want it any other way.
To me, it doesn't make sense for "cishet" to refer to aces (unless it's "cishet ace" specifically) because most cishets are not ace and the ace experience is certainly different than the majority of people.

I've always known it to be cisgender heterosexual. O.o

• 1 year later...
Ace Of Dragons

Cishet, Cishetallo, Pericishet, or Monocishet is a term used by LGBTQ+ people to easily describe people who are not members of the community in any way, shape or form. This means people who are simultaneously cisgender,heterosexual, heteroromantic, allosexual, alloromantic, and monogomous. 

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Cishet

Janus the Fox

Locked as it’s nearly 2 years old

Janus DarkFox

Weekends Asexual Relationships, Current Questions about Asexuality, Asexual Musings and Rantings & Open Mic Moderator

Archived