Coffee or Tea?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. which do you like better?

• Coffee
    • Tea
    • Both
    • Neither

This poll is closed to new votes

Do you like coffee or tea better? or do you like both? What's your fav flavor of coffee/tea? Any good suggestions?

Since I grew up in the South, I was raised on sweet tea. Over the past few years, I've been trying all sorts of different teas. My top favs would have to be Earl Grey, Sweet tea, and Lebanese tea.

I don't like coffee because caffeine doesn't affect me and when I was a kid, I tried my dad's BLACK coffee.... and never drank coffee since.

Rockblossom

I like both.  Coffee in the morning, but it has to be fresh-brewed organic, dark or French roast, made at the strength I like.  I rarely drink coffee away from home and you will never find me within a 100 feet of a Starbucks.  Coffee is ground coffee beans and water.  I don't like other stuff in my coffee.

Tea is either green tea with mint, Jasmine green, or herbal:  peppermint, lemon ginger, or hibiscus/hawthorn.  Tea is hot, not iced,  and I don't put sugar or other stuff in it.  I learned to never order tea in the Deep South because it would come with sugar brewed in. 

I don't like any drinks that are sweetened - so no sodas.  People have always thought my "no sweetened drinks" thing was a bit eccentric, but it works for me. Perhaps that's why I'm getting close to 70 and still have my natural teeth?   😀 

4 minutes ago, Rockblossom said:

Tea is either green tea with mint, Jasmine green, or herbal:  peppermint, lemon ginger, or hibiscus/hawthorn.  Tea is hot, not iced,  and I don't put sugar or other stuff in it.  I learned to never order tea in the Deep South because it would come with sugar brewed in. 

I don't like any drinks that are sweetened - so no sodas.  People have always thought my "no sweetened drinks" thing was a bit eccentric, but it works for me. Perhaps that's why I'm getting close to 70 and still have my natural teeth?   😀 

then you shouldn't get Mcdonald's sweet tea. That stuff has soo much sugar that I'm surprised no one has gotten a heart attack from it😂

I often drink iced tea more than hot, but mostly because cold drinks are often more refreshing here. And I like lemon ginger too! I have a pack of it at home, along with several different types of teas. My sisters gave me like 10 different packs of teas for my b-day😄

Both. I'm more a sweet coffee and an iced fruit tea fan. I don't like drinks that are too strong. I like peach iced tea 

I am currently drinking a cup of tea while I can not remember the last time I had coffee

Both, although I drink more coffee since it satisfies my caffeine addiction better than tea does.

I like caramel or mocha flavored iced coffee with milk, and iced green tea. Sometimes iced black tea too.

I only drink water. I drink coffee only whenever I need to stay up late. (translated: the night before a physics test)

Tea!

Most recently lots and lots of Vanilla Chai - probably gonna stick with that for the foreseeable future as my main tea :)

Tea of all kinds. I love Earl Grey. 

everywhere and nowhere

Absolutely tea. I really actively dislike the taste of coffee, but I love trying out all different kinds of tea.

For example, I never drink the same kind of tea more than once daily. Personal best: 19 or 20 (probably 20, but I'm just not entirely sure if I haven't made a mistake when counting them...) teas in one day.

I do both.

I want green tea in the morning with breakfast and then coffee once I get to work or uni, coffee after lunch and in the afternoon when I get home and tea before bed.

Coffee. Strong and black. I will occasionally drink tea, preferably one of the green varieties, again without milk. 

I cannot stand the taste of coffee or tea, but I like the smells. This goes for any type of coffee and any type of tea. It's sad because I wish I liked them and I've tried to like them. I've even tried those starbucks drinks that have 0.1% coffee and 99.9% dessert, but all I tasted was the coffee. If I drink more than a sip of tea I literally gag. If I try and drink a tiny cup of tea I feel nauseated for hours.  I hope my tastes change some day.

I drink both with impunity. I swing both ways. ;)

I love sweet tea, but as a diabetic,  when I eat out, I have to order unsweet and use Stevia (I keep a few packets on me at all times because few restaurants offer it). It‘s a pretty good substitute.

52 minutes ago, starweb said:

I love sweet tea, but as a diabetic,  when I eat out, I have to order unsweet and use Stevia (I keep a few packets on me at all times because few restaurants offer it). It‘s a pretty good substitute.

My parents are on a diet and have been doing that as well. I should try that more often since some sweet teas have WAY too much sugar😂

9 hours ago, Nowhere Girl said:

Absolutely tea. I really actively dislike the taste of coffee, but I love trying out all different kinds of tea.

For example, I never drink the same kind of tea more than once daily. Personal best: 19 or 20 (probably 20, but I'm just not entirely sure if I haven't made a mistake when counting them...) teas in one day.

#Goals

everywhere and nowhere
55 minutes ago, CajunAce said:

#Goals

What does it mean? I can see that it's some hashtag, but I only use social media passively (I read) and I'm not familiar with it.

Thank god there was a "both" option. :ph34r:

I've lived off of coffee since I was thirteen and tried giving up a number of times. I just don't think it's going to happen right now. I love the creamy taste (as I load it with creamer), the heat, and the caffeine boost it gives me in the morning. That being said, I appreciate tea more than I do coffee. I'm more invested in the kinds and brews, and nothing, I mean nothing relaxes me more than a hot cup of herbal tea. So while I do drink a gallon of coffee a day, it's not so much that I like it as I need it, like a machine needs fuel. Tea is something that I savor.

So, I guess you could call me a tea person with a massive coffee addiction? 😂

2 minutes ago, Nowhere Girl said:

What does it mean? I can see that it's some hashtag, but I only use social media passively (I read) and I'm not familiar with it.

*slides in*

It's a kind of meme (internet joke) that basically means what you posted is an achievement that person would like to obtain. So, drinking nineteen to twenty different kinds of tea in a day is #goals because 1.) tea is delicious, 2.) that's a lot of tea, 3.) tea leads to happiness, and 4.) twenty kinds of tea a day = undying happiness.

I hope that makes sense. :)

everywhere and nowhere
58 minutes ago, Lee 🌸 said:

*slides in*

It's a kind of meme (internet joke) that basically means what you posted is an achievement that person would like to obtain. So, drinking nineteen to twenty different kinds of tea in a day is #goals because 1.) tea is delicious, 2.) that's a lot of tea, 3.) tea leads to happiness, and 4.) twenty kinds of tea a day = undying happiness.

I hope that makes sense. :)

I understand. So try it. ;) At least if you have so many kinds of tea, because no everyone does... ;) My mom has about... I'm not sure, about 10? And I usually have about 35 kinds open and yet more waiting. A bit of what is literally called "the calamity of abundance" in Polish... But I always prefer to buy some sort of tea before it's gone. Some tea stores have a very stable offer for years, with new teas being introduced every now and then - but still some may be gone, however in some tea stores the offer changes periodically and there are already some teas I wanted to try, but have been unable to grab...

Example 1 - in a "periodic" tea store, so maybe it will be back (they have special categories such as "new!", "promo", but also "comeback"): "Pu Erh Papaya Chai". Basically, pu erh with dried papaya pieces and spices such as cinnamon, ginger etc.

Example 2 - in a "non-periodic" tea store, it was actually available at a few tea stores and stopped being produced. "Rooibos Baked Apple" - with: rooibos, camomile, apple, flavour, cardamom, cloves, and two untypical additives: fennel and hops. I could try recreating it (recently I did it with a French vegetable tea from Romon Nature which is no longer available), but flavour is the hardest part... buying a small bottle with baked apple flavour is no problem, but infusing a tea mixture with the flavour in home conditions is much more difficult...

I don't like either. And when my friends buy a cup of coffee during free periods I still stick to my hot chocolate :D

I like both! My favorite tea is chai tea with milk and sugar, but I like chamomile, black, and green tea, too. I also like coffee with sugar in the morning, but I’m not entirely sure if the caffeine effects me. I still feel very tired all day, or maybe I just need to drink more.

I prefer tea, but I will consume coffee under the right circumstances. I find that I'm enjoying herbal teas more as I get older, but I'm usually partial to black teas. Big fan of Earl Grey. I had some excellent Jasmine green tea the other day that I can't stop thinking about. Rooibos (red tea) is pretty good too.

As for coffee, I will drink it either with a buncha stuff in it by itself, or just milk when eating a decadent dessert or doughnut.

It's interesting to me that there's such a leaning towards tea!

Neither. Coffee has never interested me and tea is sad flavored water to me. :ph34r: Plus I enjoy my lack of a caffeine dependency.

Archived