Favorite Video Game Console

blunose2772

Favorite Video Game Console Of All Time  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite console for playing video games at home?

• Nintendo Entertainment System
    • Super Nintendo
    • Nintendo 64
    • Nintendo Gamecube
    • Nintendo Wii
    • Nintendo Wii U
    • Nintendo Switch
    • Sega Genesis
    • Sega Dreamcast
    • Sega Saturn
    • Playstation 1
    • Playstation 2
    • Playstation 3
    • Playstation 4
    • X Box
    • X Box 360
    • X Box One
    • PC Gaming
    • Other (Leave in comments)
    • Don't Play Video Games
  2. 2. Do you miss the experience of going to the Arcade?

• Yes
    • No
    • What is this arcade of which you speak?

This poll is closed to new votes

blunose2772

What is your favorite console for playing video games at home? Personally I miss the experience of going to the arcade but that's just me.  

Going to the arcade was not for me. I love PC as I find it the easiest for me to like.... coordinate compared to the others. I have grown a bit fond of PS4 but my brother owns it and I end using it once a year if I am lucky. I grew up with the first PS and have played with them all except the 3 and have played with the Xbox but not a fan of those at all. I loved Nintendoz as well before they went wacky with them.

I'm not a gamer, probably because when I first experienced video games in the early 80's I was useless at them which put me off 

I dont really have a favorite.

But i can post my history with gaming.

1: Sega Master System 2

2. Atari ST( dont know what number)

3. PC

4. Sony Playstation

5. Xbox

6. Xbox 360

7.Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch

And a bunch of handhelds.

1_1 SnailXD

Living in a small town arcade visits were limited, but if we ever stumbled into any place with even a little arcade area... we went nuts. Pinball and air hockey were very competitive. Modern arcades stress me out though. They are so busy and you can't just walk in and play (you need to sign up for a card or whatever).  

Ms. Carolynne

Nintendo consoles were my favorite growing up. I also had PlayStations, with the PS 2 being my favorite in that line up.

However I'm mostly a PC gamer now, although I do own a Switch and a PS 4. Between the two consoles, the Switch is by far my favorite.

As for the arcade, I don't really miss it, as I've only played in an a arcade a couple times. Depends what you mean though, there's still stuff like Dave and Buster's around in my area, so I could go to an arcade if I wanted. I wouldn't know what older arcades were like though.

Don't make me choose, AH!! 😱

Seriously, tho. It IS hard to choose. Sadly, I do not have many consoles now, just a couple of handheld ones (no Switch, yet 😢). And I'm saving up for a gaming PC 'cause my current laptop is so not designed for gaming.

As for arcades, you bet I miss them. Arcades were awesome, even though I've always been really shy. It was fun going to the arcade with my older brother and our friends. There used to be several arcades where I live; now the only arcade we have is at the single local movie theater. Last time I was there, the arcade section was just as rundown as the rest of the place. For shame. 😑

I like my console now, (XB1).... but I do miss playing the old Nintendo.

clicking furiously on that orange rifle while that Duck Hunt dog laughs in my face

getting into fistfights on purpose during Blades of Steel

good times :D 

ps: Arcades I never did too much... except at this place that was also an indoor jungle gym. Basically a real-world "Pizza Planet". I spent more time climbing through plastic tubes. But I love all the sounds from the arcade mashed together.

SNES and Nintendo DS, Wii (not Wii u), GameCube, Nintendo Switch, Gameboy Color, Gameboy advance SP

everywhere and nowhere

I only play games on my computer. (Well, plus three games on my mobile, but it's a really old model. ;) It has three games, as I wrote: the classic "Snake", Reversi and Memory.) I always tended to believe that since I have a computer, buying any other device for games would be wasteful. And... well, I mostly prefer games for computers: first of all adventure games. I also do like some platformers, but only older ones, with 2D graphics.

However, given my preference for retro games - either late 80s to first half of 90s or contemporary games with good old pixel graphics, which reject the idea that 3D is supposedly progress (for me it's the opposite: esthetically speaking, it was a big step backwards) - I do need some technical help: I widely use an emulator because a very large proportion of the games I play are DOS games.

I don't really miss going to the arcade because I'm a very individual player. (However, sometimes I feel a need to share the story of a game - just like it is with books and films too - so, for example, I wrote a summary of the Deponia series as homework in Ukrainian. Learning individually as an adult is better: you can have your own ideas for homework. :) I played the games in German, but when writing the homework, I even translated some names to how they could look like if the game had a Ukrainian version. For example, the main female character is named Goal - which is a fairly symbolic name, of course - and it wouldn't even look good in Cyryllic, so I translated the name to "Мета", which is Ukrainian for "goal" and sounds good as a female name.)

A few examples of graphics I like:

Classic early 90s ("Legend of Kyrandia 2 - Hand of Fate", Polish version):

943806-the-legend-of-kyrandia-hand-of-fa

Modern retro ("Foxtail"):

935565-foxtail-windows-screenshot-the-it

The first we had was Sega master system. We later got the Sony PlayStation (first one). Later I've done gaming on my PC. 

I preferred the Sony PlayStation.

Wasn't really into arcades but a corner shop here had street fighter and another game so after mass on Sunday morning and while my mother was nattering to the owners, me and my brothers would play it.

blunose2772

I remeber a time when the local pizza hut had Street Fighter 2, Streets Of Rage and Pac Man. Then they replaced them all with claw games :(

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Super Nintendo is my all time favorite video game console, though I'm sure that's partly due to nostalgia. Other than that the Gamecube was pretty great and right now I'm very much loving the Nintendo Switch. There was no console we had that I didn't have fun with, but I will confess that the Wii U did end up feeling disappointing in the long run and I didn't have much experience with the NES before we traded it for the Super Nintendo.

I mean when I try to think about it logically I want to say Playstation 2 or 3 because of backwards compatibility and all that but if I'm following my heart I want to say Super Nintendo just for so many classic RPGs and platformers.

Also yes I totally miss old school arcades, I say old school because a new arcade opened recently where I live but most of the game are like legit arcade sized app games; I wasn't impressed haha.

nineGardens

N64, no questions asked.

That controller was designed for people with three hands, and it is truly a glorious glorious thing.

Nintendo know how to make games for humans (Makes sense, being a games company, as opposed to Sony, an electronics company, or microsoft, a computer system company.)

J. van Deijck

Atari 2600 was a thing.

• 2 weeks later...
thegreatwolf

I have multiple consoles but as of right now the ps vita and playstation 3 are my favorites. As for the arcade while I didn't grow up with them in the traditional sense I went to pizza amusement places to play at those

• 2 weeks later...

If you happen to be in Upstate New York, the Strong Museum of Play, in Rochester, has what is essentially an archive of vintage arcade games.  You can play games there that I have never seen anywhere else, and the machines are immaculately maintained.

This is an impossible question. I have so many great memories of each era and each system, that I can't simply say there's ONE favorite console...ahhh. *struggles* But for a ton of nostalgia and some of my favorite games, Dreamcast.

blunose2772
4 hours ago, Ardoise said:

If you happen to be in Upstate New York, the Strong Museum of Play, in Rochester, has what is essentially an archive of vintage arcade games.  You can play games there that I have never seen anywhere else, and the machines are immaculately maintained.

Sweet. I have a friend not to far from there. Hopefully I can pay him a visit and stop by there

• 11 months later...

@blunose2772

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived