Hetero/bi/ or other romantic: input from others would be helpful

Silverwolf13

Silverwolf13

I already know that I am asexual and romantic. I am just unsure of the type of romantic. I don't know that I can honestly say that I am heteroromantic because me, being female, I wouldn't dismiss a romantic relationship with a woman should the right woman come along. The reason I am unsure is that I am absolutely sex repulsed by engaging with the female reproductive organs during sex. But I am sex neutral when it comes to sex with the male organs, I just don't really want to touch them with my hand. (I am unsure of the rules on this site of stating the generic terms for the reproductive organs)  I'm also more aesthetically inclined to date someone who is masculine in look whether they are female/male/trans. What are your thoughts on this?

I am the opposite way, being sex-neutral to girls and absolutely sex-repulsed to boys.
It sounds like it would be easier for you to be Heteroromantic rather than Biromantic.
You can use whatever feels right to you, though. Love who you want to love.

• 2 weeks later...

@Silverwolf13 I relate to what you wrote and I identify as biromantic 🙂

I can love both men and women, although I have a preference for women (and slightly feminine guys).

Whilst I am open to other genders, I have to date not fallen in love with anyone who doesn’t identify as a man or woman. Whilst I reserve the right to change labels if I ever need to, most bi groups define bi as attraction to “two or more genders” anyway. And my pan friends say they are attracted to the person first (regardless of gender), which I personally don’t relate to.

I’m biologically male and sex-neutral to sex with women but I am averse to oral (giving or receiving). I don’t like male or female genitalia, but more “slightly grossed out” than repulsed.

I personally don’t see my lack of sexual attraction or sexual preferences/aversions as influential to my romantic orientation. That’s not to say you shouldn’t, I just thought I’d share 🙂

Archived